ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

mattkraeh2906

HSC
N/A
i have applied for the adf gap year army and have finished my assesment day. i had to go and get my blood pressure checked at my local doctor . went to local doc he says it was fine, probly a bit high cause of nerves. got the paper work. handed it in. just waiting for a reply from the adf.
how long did it take for you guys to recieve info after your assesment day?
do any of you know how many spots are left or when it usually fills up?
hope to hear from anyone!
matt

Last edited:

alex991

HSC
mattkraeh2906 said:
i have applied for the adf gap year army and have finished my assesment day. i had to go and get my blood pressure checked at my local doctor . went to local doc he says it was fine, probly a bit high cause of nerves. got the paper work. handed it in. just waiting for a reply from the adf.
how long did it take for you guys to recieve info after your assesment day?
do any of you know how many spots are left or when it usually fills up?
hope to hear from anyone!
matt
What did you apply for... depending on what paperwork u got chances are u r in... generally they save a spot once u pass ure assesment...

mattkraeh2906

HSC
N/A
ohh awesome!!! thanks for the reply
yeah i have applied as soldier (ecn500) and got my paperwork in last week just waiting on a reply!
wat do you think will be the deadline date that they are full?
end of september or a bit later?
wat did you apply for alex?

ace17

HSC
Arghh, end of september, I hope not :|. I heard last year the Army didn't fill until Jan of this year and RAAF and RAN were early December (i'm applying for RAN btw). Plus this year they have doubled the numbers. I've been waiting for all my paperwork and stuff to clear, finally got a call on Saturday evening of all times (wtf :S?) saying my assessment day would be in the next 3 weeks and to keep it open. Who here has actually had their assessment day? Do they tell you on the day whether you passed or not? Also, what kind of questions should I be preparing for?

ryanbrown

HSC
they will let you know how you go on your assesment day. youll get a call sometime later about enlistment date tho.
just know everything you can about the job your applying for and why you want to do it..

coolviv6

HSC
hey i just sent my application in wondering a few things, in the physical are our 40 sit up's have to touch our toes lol cause i am really inflexible. Aswell anyone know the dates that we go away to train because i got lots on in January so i can only go in February.
Thanks looking forward to this :D

coolviv6

HSC
hey actually does anyone know if there is still room in a febuary or march group if there is who here is going?

mattkraeh2906

HSC
N/A
i know of people that have been accepted into the jan 12 intake and the feb 4 intake not sure about march
i have no idea how quick each job fills up either..

gravstar

HSC
coolviv6 said:
in the physical are our 40 sit up's have to touch our toes lol cause i am really inflexible.
Mate I'd be suprised if anyone could do 5 sit ups touching their toes. You only have to get your wrists to your knees.

3rd Feb for me, full time rifleman.
As for assessment day just talk confidently about why you want it. All they want to know is if you know what your getting yourself into and if your not just some dropkick who has no other option.

coolviv6

HSC
really have they stopped taking people..

I just sent in my form online at the hq site last week but it seems the site has crashed so i am unsure of what to do. Anyone else tried to go on the my hq site recently

JJ Jordos

HSC
i sent in all my paper work today...
now all i have to do is wait for my asssesment day details...
how much info do u need to know?
im trying for rifleman

ryanbrown

HSC
to smash the interview.. know everything on the job description thats on the net aswell as being able to describe details to a greater extent and know how stuff will affect you.

rickyd071

HSC
they have not stopped taking intakes for gap year

my application was approved about 3 months ago, one of of my mates got his enlistment papers about a month ago and another got his paperwork just yesterday

so they are still taking army gap year applications, although there are no more rifleman positions left

anyone else off to kapooka on the 12th january??

JJ Jordos

HSC
wat do u mean details?
like i know where training is... how long it goes for... a couple of places i could be posted after training... what training involves...
im going for rifleman... so yeah any help would be appreciated

SonicMouse

HSC
Thanks gravstar for that link
Im a bit concerned about my Gap year assesment day, it says that that dude experienced the nurse like fully checkin out his package and foreskin etc. Did anyone else have this experience for their assesment days? What exactly happened in your medical grav?
Cheers

gravstar

HSC
^^ Yeah, the doc gives the package a quick check, mainly your nuts for about 1 sec.
It's to check for any abnormalities/cancer

JJ Jordos

HSC
is there anything more recent cause i read the info and alot seems out of date (like the pay and stuff)

also would an in grown toe nail affect entry that much... or it better to go throgh the pain and process of getting it removed...

im sorta scared of the medical sounds invasive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)