ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

elena24

HSC
MathsIsWeird said:
Well i havent read many of the posts but the way i see it is, its the MILITARY, it doesnt matter what they call it there is still a chance they will pull some legal stunt saying that you have to go overseas and fight, however i have no idea about the true nature of the ADF gap year but i think its to present you with the good side of the military and not the bad, however i might be joining the military myself just not the Australian one.
I have to go to my country to do 2 years worth of military service so i can stay for longer than 3 months a year for a holiday, and was thinking of moving there so gotta do what you gotta do.:)
i hope what u say istn true...caus then i willbe pissed of at the ADF like bad...anyway r u from a european country by any chance?

gonnafailhsc

Trilla
HSC
hey mate

inital training is at Kapooka, then moving to Singleton afterwards. So over HSC still got 2 more exams!! Anyways the military would be mad to send these poorly trained troops anywhere! Unless Australia is directly under attack, it's impossible.

Cheers

bubz

gonnafailhsc

Trilla
HSC
hey mate

inital training is at Kapooka, then moving to Singleton afterwards. So over HSC still got 2 more exams!! Anyways the military would be mad to send these poorly trained troops anywhere! Unless Australia is directly under attack, it's impossible.

Cheers

bubz

ascol6

HSC
N/A
hey guys,
oh i was so glas when i found all your comments about the ADF gap year! Im currently in year 12 (2008) and wanting to do the gap year in 2009! I recon the air force is the one for me, but i still have my doubts about the whole thing! I mean the money would be so handy for when i go to uni in 2010! How do i apply?, all the ADF HQ crap is so hard to understand! should i just go into my nearest Defence Force Place here in MAroochydore?
And if anyone reading this has done the gap year, can you tell me about it please!
I need some help!!
thanks

raym0nd

HSC
Hello,

I saw the gap year promotions in 2007 I did all the signing up straight away and followed the hype, got a place in the NAVY gap program. Then exams came up and i got my ENTER and that became more exciting then the ADF.

Now, halfway through first year of uni Im crawling back into the GAP idea. Rang recruiting a few weeks ago and alas I got myself a position in a Jan/Feb intake 2009 =).

So im wondering.. anyone here coming with me?? Or have a brother/sister/freind
that started '08 and have some input

Discuss!

sca

HSC
My boyfriend's in the Army Reserves, currently in the process of going full time.

But no, strangely I don't know anyone doing the GAP year. As I'm guessing the point of the year is to recruit people long term, I'm guessing you'll get to experience some of the snazzier aspect of the military... just be prepared for the not so snazzy aspects.

Discipline, exact schedules and procedure, deliberate locational inconvience, fitness assessment, tough conditions, emotional stress (relationships, etc), subtle conditioning... but that's all pretty common sense stuff to consider I spose.

Depending on who you are, it can be worth it. Just make sure you really want the military lifestyle - because their intention is to get you to sign up.

Sorry for the useless post ;)

=> Jess

raym0nd

HSC
Thanks though, its interesting..

My brother is in the Reserves, and he doesn't know anyone that knows anyone doing the gap year.
Makes you question how popular it really is, given the government is saying its been so successful.

13 19 01.. do it!!

HSC
Several of my friends wanted to do it for this year, but apparently it filled up quickly.

Numerous friends have joined army reserves, did the training, and really really hated it.

Another mate is joining the full-time contract army, he likes it.

raym0nd

HSC
yeah it did fill pretty quick, but surely that means there are more people out there that got accepted!

CrazyCong

HSC
im thinking about doing it in 1-2 yrs, should i talk more to my careers teacher, coz i dont even hav a clue as a plan after yr 12 =(

mattkraeh2906

HSC
N/A
hey there ive applied for adf gap year army and have just completed my assessment day, just waiting for medical and police check to clear. anyone else doing the army for the gap year?
matt

Marky89

HSC
Hey mate, im about to go in to do my assessment aswell, im also going for the army, what part of the army are you going to do?

Can you give me any tips on the assessment day? i really wana pass...

mattkraeh2906

HSC
N/A
ok awesome im going in as a soldier, but i will choose to become a rifleman after training at kapooka, if my application moves forward and i pass.
are you doing the gap year or reg army?
what position have you applied for?
alot of the questions they ask in the interview are from the websites. make sure you know all about pay, and basic training at kapooka.
good luck mate

Marky89

HSC
Im doing the gap year, ive signed up to do rifleman, coz its the most physical demanding one, do you have msn?..
What exactly do u do at the assessment day...

gravstar

HSC
Im doing my YOU day in a couple of days. I'm tossing up between gap year and full time rifleman. Do you guys (marky/matt) know if the gap years full yet?

Marky89

HSC
I dont think it is yet, because theres alot more positions open this year, and i just done my assessment and the guy said i got through.. so yeah i dont think its full.
They would tell you on your YOU's day anyhow..

ghani

HSC
mattkraeh2906 said:
hey there ive applied for adf gap year army and have just completed my assessment day, just waiting for medical and police check to clear. anyone else doing the army for the gap year?
matt
How was the external genital examination?

Enjoy getting molested by a military doctor?

I did:)

gravstar

HSC
Sick! I guess ill be seeing you around then. where do 'hope' to get posted marky?

Marky89

HSC
ghani said:
How was the external genital examination?

Enjoy getting molested by a military doctor?

I did:)
Haha thats the only reason i signed up ;)

What position are you going for ghani?

I dont know where i wana get posted, but i only know about singleton, so id probly go there.. if not, i hope somewhere hot like brissy.
When is your assessment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)