ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

SonicMouse

HSC
Argh, im pissed off seeing all these succesful applicants on here:burn: lol

Ive had my assesment day after applying for a position with 1 place left, been waiting for a response from them for 3 weeks. Do you think i should call them up and see whatsup? or will they tell me if im rejected or not?

r0b-dog

HSC
N/A
alex991 said:
Just relax on ure assesment day, know ure stuff and be confident in wat u say... n dont bullshit on...

They are there to help u, not make u fail so they can turn u away. After all, they are after more numbers, and lets be honest, u dont have to be a bright spark to get in lol....

mm thanks for the tip alex, lol i thought there be more in the process of elimation of crapppy people,

all this limitation and not getting in, is making me nervous~~

@SonicMouse
haha, me too,
call up and see whats happening, i did, just to hear my status and nobody called me so far, no case manager or assessment co-ordanitor so im like bugging for a call.

brunskill

HSC
sam2100 said:

same as 'brunskill' --> officer gap year in airforce

havent got my date of leave yet, i think i get it after the fitness barrier
I was given the 27th of January to leave for Point Cook and the 21st December to come back. I still have to take the fitness as well, so good luck, hope to see you next year!

brunskill

HSC
sam2100 said:
Congratulations! I too got a call and im in :)

one of 4 from newcastle apparently, any idea how many from brisbane got it?/ if theyve filled all places?
I'm from Brizzy, but i was the only one going for Air Force on my YOUsession so i'm not sure about the numbers.
And i forgot to say congratulations! :p

Grace HSC

HSC
Ok, can i please just clear a few things up here, i have been reading most of these posts and a great deal of them are just plain wrong.

I have been through the entire Gap Year Recruiting Process this Year, and have been accepted, so let me enlighten you guys on a few things.

Firstly, there is NO BEEP TEST at your assessment day. The assessment day consists of a medical, in which you strip to ur bra and undies (i can only speak for girls here) and the doctor will look at ur build and physique, as well as asking you to perform a push up or two, then he will check your eyes etc.. a nurse will perform height weight and hearing as well as vision tests and preg. test for women.

Then there is a psychological interview, you cannot really prep for this, just a bunch of questions about you,, how and where you grew up etc..

Following that is the interview with defence recruiter, these are very nice people and they go easy on you, they will ask you about the gap year...TIP: there is a pdf (i think) on the net if you type in adf gap year - google; this will give you most of what you need to know re: training (training is a big one). Dont freak if you dont know the answer to a q. they will help you, they totally get that your nervous.

Anything else you guys wanna know from a credible source, ill be on here from time to time.

Bye!

sam2100

HSC
Grace HSC said:
I emlist from Newcastle on 23rd Jan 09 _ RAAF - anyone else??
i too got a call for RAAF leaving from newcastle (didnt get a date though?!?! wat the)

so assuming the DFR dont stuff me round i may seeyou

congrats btw

Mortoman

HSC
N/A
Hey guys
My brother went into the ADF long before the gap year came around. Essentially it came into existance because the ADF is having real trouble recruiting, you may notice that they are trying to promote their image towards our age group now.
Anyway he went through ADFA (the ADF university, where you get a free degree) and he is about to graduate from RMC (officers college) in december.
His perspective on the gap year is that they molly coddle you somewhat. Its sort of like an induction, where they dont push you hard at all and lead you around by the hand for a year. For that reason alot of the other troops dont really respect the gap year guys. But they money is great and if your undecided about whether you really want to join the ADF fulltime, id go for it.
I personally am going to RMC come january. Then becoming an infantry officer for 2 years and then off to 4rar at holesworthy, Australias commando division.
Goodluck to all of you! The benefits are outragous if you can just get used to the lifestyle.

mef90

HSC
adf gap year recruitment for 2009 stuffed me round big time.

i did all the applying took ages for them to contact me so i eventually called them and they were like "oh sorry we dont know what happened there"

so i then booked my you session and all that went down filled out everything, met the requirements, got all the jobs possible offered to me, had a one to one interview, in which the man was very impressed and said i would be an asset to the force and would be accepted for sure.

then to find out what i had applied for all along was full!!! [thats the navy gap year 2009]
i was so pissed off.

and argh i was only told after to 4 or so hours of the you session and still they wanted me to enlist in either raaf or army and i was like "no piss off i dont wana"

well i didnt exactly say that but i withdrew my application and am now looking at travelling next year.

still wish i had done it in a way, the money woulda been great.
but ah well i mean dont have to do the trianing and all that discipline stuff.
as im au pairing in america now! WOO!

but all you kiddos have fun, wont you now!!!!

Grace HSC

HSC
Hey Sam 2100,

Have you got a letter of offer yet? - they called me and said oh we have ur letter of offer here and i was all like sweet!...then didnt see the letter of offer...so i calld newc and was like, whats the G.O, and they sent my letter of offer to me via email, so if you havent got a def. date, keep on their backs about it.....

PS are you a gal or a guy? soz cant tell from ur name lol

Grace HSC

HSC
wooppppsss just relalised it says "female" under your thingo .... my bad lol

Grace HSC

HSC
does any body else think Top Gun is the best movie ever made?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Grace HSC: could you please use the modify button to edit your posts rather than posting again and again, it's quite annoying.

mef90 said:
adf gap year recruitment for 2009 stuffed me round big time.

i did all the applying took ages for them to contact me so i eventually called them and they were like "oh sorry we dont know what happened there"

so i then booked my you session and all that went down filled out everything, met the requirements, got all the jobs possible offered to me, had a one to one interview, in which the man was very impressed and said i would be an asset to the force and would be accepted for sure.

then to find out what i had applied for all along was full!!! [thats the navy gap year 2009]
i was so pissed off.

and argh i was only told after to 4 or so hours of the you session and still they wanted me to enlist in either raaf or army and i was like "no piss off i dont wana"

well i didnt exactly say that but i withdrew my application and am now looking at travelling next year.

still wish i had done it in a way, the money woulda been great.
but ah well i mean dont have to do the trianing and all that discipline stuff.
as im au pairing in america now! WOO!

but all you kiddos have fun, wont you now!!!!
DRF always stuff sh*t up and not just with gap year stuff! When my mate got into the RAAF as an Av tech, DFR then lost his details, psych assessment, etc and made him go through it again. Another friend who tried to get into ADFA, was f'd around by the OSB and DFR.

Grace HSC

HSC
Sorry about the postings lol. im not overly familiar with how this works...

Yeah, DFR get mixed around sometimes but im sure they do their best! They hae a ton of candidates to process...cant be an easy job!

sam2100

HSC
Grace HSC said:
Hey Sam 2100,

Have you got a letter of offer yet? - they called me and said oh we have ur letter of offer here and i was all like sweet!...then didnt see the letter of offer...so i calld newc and was like, whats the G.O, and they sent my letter of offer to me via email, so if you havent got a def. date, keep on their backs about it.....

PS are you a gal or a guy? soz cant tell from ur name lol

nope no letter. but yer ill call adam tomoro. i take it you have him also?

Grace HSC

HSC
yes good ol adam lol...lol reception thinks im stalking him lol

alex991

HSC
I leave before Xmas... does anyone know if i will actually get a chance to get home for it... jus want sum presents :D

sam2100

HSC
Grace HSC said:
yes good ol adam lol...lol reception thinks im stalking him lol

:D MY LETTER JUST CAME.... HOW UBER EXCITING IS THAT??

so it looks like we spend the long w/e up at the base before starting?

what an adventure :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)