ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

Sneezing tree

HSC
Everyone has to go to a YOU session to do the aptitude test. But those who have already done their YOU session before being shortlisted go straight to the assesment stage, thats what im doing, i got 2 weeks to study. I'm guessing the majority of the cut will be made after the assesment stage. At my YOU session the careers guy said 10,000 people applied for GAP 2011. Only 300 positions are avaliable. Good luck champ.

I got Shortlisted aswell, Does everyone get through the You session that got shortlisted and onto the Assesment stage, or do they cut people???

alexbarbas7

HSC
2 weeks to study?
study for what?

what happens at the assessment day? is it just all fitness work?

Sneezing tree

HSC
At assesment day there is no fitness work, it's only interviews; psychological, main medical and job. All of which go for about 30 minutes. You have to understand what ADF lifestyle is like, ADF Corps', what the training process is, pay and leave entitlements, posting bases, equipment and weapons you may use, operational environments... etc etc. you basically have to have a detailed understanding of the ADF for you to have a chance at getting in. The fitness component is only done if you are accepted into your job and its done just before your enlisted and sent off to Kapooka.

2 weeks to study?
study for what?

what happens at the assessment day? is it just all fitness work?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Basically the assesment day is like a job interview
with a medical and psych evaluation as well

know your job and army life in general

do some study

basically you are interviewing for a $50k p/a job with 300 positions and 5000 applicants

Jaylem92

HSC
ah well ya try ya luck i guess, dont get in just cop it on the chin, theres always next year or full time

Jaylem92

HSC
mate, gap year is the same as full time ya do all the same stuff as full timers ya just dont get deployed and dont do 4 years, majority go on and do full time anyway

alexbarbas7

HSC
wow i better go study then too ahha

where do i fnd the info?
on the ADF website?

do you rekon you could explain maybe a little bit more, i know i dont know alot about it but im real keen on joining the army

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
mate, gap year is the same as full time ya do all the same stuff as full timers ya just dont get deployed and dont do 4 years, majority go on and do full time anyway
you are heaps dumb and have NO chance of making it

i realise that, i said that if you dont make the gap year, you can always join fulltime anyway

otherguy

just research the job you are applying for, all the info you need is on the defencejobs website

Sneezing tree

HSC
Depends what job your going for, everything in on the defence jobs website,

Gap Year | Education | Defence Jobs
Home | Defence Jobs

What job are you going for, ill post everything you'll need to study.

wow i better go study then too ahha

where do i fnd the info?
on the ADF website?

do you rekon you could explain maybe a little bit more, i know i dont know alot about it but im real keen on joining the army

alexbarbas7

HSC
rifelmen was my first prefrence
although i dont know a hell of a lot about it

im pretty determined and disciplined and learn quickly but yeah hopefully they accept me would be so good, get to learn so much

Jaylem92

HSC
how come it didnt say that you needed passes in english and maths on the application test, cause i do year 12 VCAL and dont do maths

Sneezing tree

HSC
Oh if you've done VCAL, they count that as equivalent at a pass year 12, so don't worry about what I said.

how come it didnt say that you needed passes in english and maths on the application test, cause i do year 12 VCAL and dont do maths

alexbarbas7

HSC
so as a riflemen what must i know if they ask me about it at the YOU session

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)