ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

alexbarbas7

HSC
I got my 'you' session on the 1st of July?
anyone else?</SPAN>

where do you live buddy?

alexbarbas7

HSC
Im in perth metro. did you call up and ask or did you get an email about it?

ChiodosKAYLA

HSC
Hey guys.. I'm from regional VicI applied for Navy gap year for 2011 and i did my YOU session a couple weeks ago and just waiting for the interview ect.I'm really nervous and I'm not sure what to research.. since it will be sailor entry and not a specific job like army...Also, i'm not that fit :/any tips/help? :)

HSC
- research what sailors do in the navy and the different areas that you can branch into
- get fit. its the navy you only have to do like 6.5 beep test right? that is barely above walking speed

ChiodosKAYLA

HSC
Oh! just got booked in for my assessment day :) 4th of Aug. Anyone have the same?

Crux

HSC
Gap Year is definetly not a scam, lol. I've always wanted to be in the defence force, I was never thinking about gap year or reserves, it's always been full-time regs for me, but this year I found out that I'm CP3 with my colour perception (I can't see reds or greens properly) and my job opportunities just dropped out of the sky. I can't be a normal soldier, sas, clearance diver, adg or anything like that (which is what I've been preparing extremely hard for) so now I'm going to be a Military Cop. Isn't it funny that I'm an anarchist serving in the army as a police officer... f**k me. At least I'll still get to serve. I thought it was funny that I couldn't be an electrician because I'd be using red and green wires but I could still do bomb disposal. lol. Gap year is definetly worth a go, even if you know your not going to go on afterwards, it looks great on a resume.

Precision

HSC
Oi does anyone know if the YOU session is compulsory for ADF Gap Year Applicants? I live in central NSW with the closest YOU session at Newcastle already booked out.. Any ideas?

Kittikhun

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)