Adobe Illustrator + creating vectors (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I installed Adobe Illustrator for the first time last night because I'd like to start creating vectors for websites, layouts etc. I'm fairly up to speed with programs like Photoshop, but Illustrator is driving me nuts. I've found some tutorials, but they're not helping at all.

So, my question is, is anyone good enough with Illustrator to help me play around with it and if not, could someone point me in the direction of some good tutorials for beginners?

Thanks.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
I just started using Illustrator cs2... changing from photoshop to illustrator was hard. I totally understand. ive been doing poster design workf for my portfolio, just using the pencil tool atm.. playing around with it. most of the things are fairly the same, u just gotta find them. iono, I hate tutorials, but atleast I dont feel so nub anymore ^^

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Haha, excellent, I'm glad I'm not the only one who starts off completely at a loss.

nwatts

HSC
I'm pretty good with Photoshop. But about a week ago I had my first run with vectors and such using Illustrator, and damn, I'm finding it difficult! I need to grab myself a copy of Illustrator (wink, wink ;)), so I can start learning. I know that it took me a long time to get my Photoshop skills up to scratch (and i'm still way off), so I predict this will be a long haul.

Have a look at this tutorial, let me know if you have any luck - http://pixelgirlpresents.com/tutorials_vector.php

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Murf said:
Loz, Ebooks Help?

Murf
They wouldn't load for me, I'll try again tomorrow.

nwatts - Thanks for that link, I scanned over it and it looks helpful, I'll try and use it tomorrow.

nwatts

HSC
I picked up a copy of Illustrator CS, went through that tutorial. Really helped. I've attached what I produced. I actually like mine better than their's. :D

Now, back to study for trials!

nwatts

HSC
Wow.

Just had an hour play around in Illustrator, and i'm loving it. All my artistic endevours will probably begin here from now on! I've found it quite easy to learn a few basis (pen tool, etc.). It treats layers differently to Photoshop, which will take some getting used to.

But in terms of desktop publishing, it kicks the Micrsoft ass out of Publisher. I can't believe I ever used the program! This is fantastic.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Hahah that's heaps good!

Is your avatar from 2046?

... For some reason this just posted above yours.

nwatts

HSC
Love it. Made my first piece of contemporary art. Sydney Biennale 2006 here I come!

nwatts

HSC
MedNez said:
Hahah that's heaps good!

Is your avatar from 2046?

... For some reason this just posted above yours.
This has happened on the forums a few times now.. hrmm.

The av is from In the Mood for Love, have not yet seen 2046!

nwatts

HSC
More, you say? :p

You guys should get into this. Stacks of fun, and no where near as difficult as I expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)