• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Adopting Pensioners. (2 Viewers)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it is almost like that episode from scrubs, where you can buy your grandparents. when you adopt that pensioner, are you obligated to look after him/her and feed him/her? or is it an optional thing?

michael1990

HSC
wuddie said:
it is almost like that episode from scrubs, where you can buy your grandparents. when you adopt that pensioner, are you obligated to look after him/her and feed him/her? or is it an optional thing?
Its not really anything offical.

So pretty much if you can help with anything.

Such as if you own a business that sells lightglobes and you give them a lifetime worth.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
michael1990 unironically started a thread with a TODAY TONIGHT article as the source

lol

what an ultimate bogan

i bet he believes all that shit he sees on ACA/TT

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
idiot pensioners who think that are entitled to live like kings on the back of the taxpayer because of their poor foresight should be just executed on site.

michael1990

HSC
jb_nc said:
michael1990 unironically started a thread with a TODAY TONIGHT article as the source

lol

what an ultimate bogan

i bet he believes all that shit he sees on ACA/TT
No your wrong.

I started a thread about it because its a real issue that should be addressed. And i think if people can help anyone else doesn't matter how insignificant they think it is. They should help, anyone.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
No your wrong.

I started a thread about it because its a real issue that should be addressed. And i think if people can help anyone else doesn't matter how insignificant they think it is. They should help, anyone.
NO

IT's U HU ARE RONG

REAL MATTER. ME NOT GET ENOUGH MONEY. ME GO ON TODAY TONIGHT AND COMPLAIN. RUDD GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO PUT INTO POKA MACHINES

brainwashed39

HSC
nah.. old people are a hassle.
my gran is pretty rich so she doesn't need money but she's such a hypochondriac constantly going to the hospital for no reason!!
she thought she was having a stroke when there were two questions in the cross-word she couldn't think of the answer for... WTF???

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
michael1990 said:
Grandparents. Which i am assuming you're over the age of 18 or approaching. Your grandparents probably bought a house worth $20 000 that is now worth $500 000 which will explain the assets.

I don't think $280 per week is a lot of money to live on. I mean if you didn't own a house, didn't own a car, didn't have family.

You would be paying $100 per week on rent (assuming they are in housing commission), 2 people $100 per week on food. Getting to the shops and home $10 a week, Water, Electricity $70. Thats there full 'good' enough pension.
Would you be able to live on $280/week for the rest of your life?
What about clothes and such? They wouldn't have any money to spend on things they actually want.

Some of these pensioners are nearly homeless.
That is a rediculous assessment, i get by on less than 400 a fortnight from centrelink and that has to cover rent[heaps of pensioners own their own home], food, bills and i also have to save a bit each week so i can afford textbooks each semester and i live fine. Not really ideal living, i dont have much for luxuries but i get by and thats all they need. If they wanted to live in luxury maybe they should have saved for that.

Maybe they should have saved for life after retirement full stop. Since when is it our duty to provide money for them anyways? why didnt they save? i see heaps of old people fucking spending up big on houses, cars, holidays once they retire then stick out their hand on demand the pension when all their money is gone. Learn to save, learn to budget.

My grandma, i love the woman but when her husband died he left her 3 houses all fully furnished a car and heaps in savings. Because she cant manage rent and is stupid with selling property she is down to one house [very comfortable and large though] and still has the hide to complain the pension isnt enough when she has squandered over $800 000 in assets and is still left with maybe $500 000 and god knows how much in investments. I told her that if the pension isnt enough maybe she should sell her shit, pull her money out of investments, sell her property and live in housing commission with a shitload of liquid assets.

Probably an outlandish situation, but plenty of pensioners can easily get buy on that money, and if they cant well then fuck them, they should have planned better and now its time to move to a bad area in a small pokey housing comish and eat noodles and poor mans food for the rest of their lives[not long]

boris

Banned
HSC
I live down the road from a nursing home.

Occasionally I walk by and smile.

Totally doing my bit for humanity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)