• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Adv Math @ Uni. Is it hard? (2 Viewers)

KloppsAndRobbers

HSC
I've been looking at degrees and I think I might want to do a Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) (Honours) / Commerce @ UNSW. My main concern tho is if Adv Math would be too difficult for me as I only do 3U. Anyone doing the degree or know someone who does it help me out pls.

HSC
nah bro adv maths at unsw is a different level bro, it's not even worth the struggle fr

+ you do 3u maths, like why even bother u clearly not good enough for real (no diss intentional but it's just true) they legit go through 4u in the first 2 weeks like yea

bruh like literally more than half the cohort drops out of the stream after the 1st year

everyone i know who did 2u literally dropped out. im not even joking i literally knew 20 people who did 2u in high school, and were literally failing so bad they had to just progressively drop down to the lowest level of maths

anyways LOOK. you can do it if u want, just some advice

KloppsAndRobbers

HSC
+ you do 3u maths, like why even bother u clearly not good enough for real (no diss intentional but it's just true)
Would hate to take advice from you ngl. I've seen you chat shit to some other guy wanting to go into IB and question his intelligence (https://boredofstudies.org/threads/bcom-or-actuaries.409377/). Clearly you're just projecting your own inadequacies lol. Obviously, the course will be hard, but I'm not sure you're a credible source, unfortunately.

Screenshot 2024-10-24 at 5.42.51 PM.png

Last edited:
HSC
Would hate to take advice from you ngl. I've seen you chat shit to some other guy wanting to go into IB and question his intelligence (https://boredofstudies.org/threads/bcom-or-actuaries.409377/). Clearly you're just projecting your own inadequacies lol. Obviously, the course will be hard, but I'm not sure you're a credible source, unfortunately.

View attachment 45294
hahaa the fact that you think that’s even actually me posting my actual ranks and subjects is laughable

go off though

Taking a post at face value is crazy, maybe do some research

KloppsAndRobbers

HSC
hahaa the fact that you think that’s even actually me posting my actual ranks and subjects is laughable

go off though

Taking a post at face value is crazy, maybe do some research
Alright bud so you took all that time to type all that (and counted the number of band 6s at your school for those subjects in the last 7 yrs), and then deleted the post once you got what you needed was just a troll? I'm not judging your subjects, but you can't be throwing stones from a glass house. Insecurity goes crazy.

HSC
Alright bud so you took all that time to type all that (and counted the number of band 6s at your school for those subjects in the last 7 yrs), and then deleted the post once you got what you needed was just a troll? I'm not judging your subjects, but you can't be throwing stones from a glass house. Insecurity goes crazy.
see this is what ur failing to understand, since when did it take me all that time to type everything when ITS NOT MINE, literally copied and pasted what’s so hard for you to understand?????

and no? I deleted it literally months after this jimmysmith guy even responded, but I’m not sure how he didn’t notice it was literally the exact same post from someone else I copied and pasted

“I’m not judging your subjects” - judging what subjects sorry? I think you’re misunderstanding….

HSC
see this is what ur failing to understand, since when did it take me all that time to type everything when ITS NOT MINE, literally copied and pasted what’s so hard for you to understand?????

and no? I deleted it literally months after this jimmysmith guy even responded, but I’m not sure how he didn’t notice it was literally the exact same post from someone else I copied and pasted

“I’m not judging your subjects” - judging what subjects sorry? I think you’re misunderstanding….
Also I’m literally in year 11, this is why ur a full on idiot

slowdance

HSC
Reading his messages just tells me everything I need to know about him. Just lacking the necessary brain cells in order to connect the dots, that’s all.

liamkk112

HSC
I've been looking at degrees and I think I might want to do a Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) (Honours) / Commerce @ UNSW. My main concern tho is if Adv Math would be too difficult for me as I only do 3U. Anyone doing the degree or know someone who does it help me out pls.
it is going to be difficult, mainly because the pace is very fast (~10 weeks for every subject) and things get much more abstract than 3u, usually there's more focus on proofs in a lot of later courses as well so you have to consider that too. it's going to be manageable if you put the effort in (and if you spend the holidays before uni getting ahead a bit you'll probably be even more fine), but you should definitely consider why you want to do math as a degree - if it's mainly because you like the "computational" part you might end up hating proofs and not liking a lot of courses (in which case you should probably do something like engineering with more focus on how to use math in a "formulaic" way), if you like it because you're more interested in developing frameworks for problem solving then you'll probably like proofs and be okay. imo, just pick a regular bachelor of science and take the relevant units, if you end up liking it then you can always transfer into the advanced degree and do the honours year there, or if you don't want to do honours you can just graduate with a major in math; otherwise you can pivot to whatever other major/degree you like in the science degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)