Advanced English: Notes or not? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, so I was just curious if notes are really needed for English Advanced like other subjects. I've looked it up online how to study for HSC English and everywhere it says notes are the no: 1 step, but I'm not really sure if they are that necessary. Thoughts?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hi, so I was just curious if notes are really needed for English Advanced like other subjects. I've looked it up online how to study for HSC English and everywhere it says notes are the no: 1 step, but I'm not really sure if they are that necessary. Thoughts?
i made notes throughout the term (eg. specific quotes, analysis and techniques, how this is related back to the module, etc). those notes were mostly in the form of quote banks + analysis tables + basically jotting down whatever the teacher said into my text (+ whenever my teacher set classwork i actually put effort into it and put actual analysis). then in the 2-3 weeks leading up to your english exam though (maybe even while ur making those notes) you should start writing up your essay, and your notes if you've done them well are really helpful. writing my essays became really easy because all i did was use the notes to pick and choose different parts that i wanted to put in my essay (it was so easy because all i had to do was pick the appropriate context + quotes + analysis and figure out where to put them).

however, it is pretty close to the HSC; if you're sitting the english HSC this year without any notes, you probably already have good essays (or at least scaffolds or quotes and ideas) you're planning to memorise for the HSC. if you're still writing out your essays your best shot might be to look at other people's notes because i don't think you should be writing up notes with such a short timeframe left

HSC
thanks for the tip. i've already got notes for Mod A, B and C, its only the Common Module I don't have any for, so that won't take too long hopefully and then ill follow ur advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)