Advanced English study guide (1 Viewer)

kev@year1223

HSC
Hello All,

Could you please advise study guides/book/ resources for Advanced English that I can buy for my son who will be in year 11 next year?

Saint Dev

HSC
I have used some resources by ATAR notes and would recommend them. I didn't rely on this but it was helpful to have when it came around to writing essays and trial exams. However, it will depend on what texts they are studying for Common Mod, Mod A and Mod B as there are multiple possibilities. If you can find out what texts your son is studying then it will be easier to answer.

idkkdi

HSC
Hello All,

Could you please advise study guides/book/ resources for Advanced English that I can buy for my son who will be in year 11 next year?
litcharts have good guides for texts, you could pirate them or buy a subscription. books depend on the specific texts.

the main thing you need is to learn how to write a good english essay, and afaik there really aren't many good resources on this. There was some good boredofstudies posts on this which you could dig up, and I do believe that the ATAR notes book does cover writing an essay. Writing creative pieces and the quality depends quite a bit on how many books in general you read and whether your teacher is good. Short answer comprehension answers may also depend on the teacher a bit. I believe tutoring websites like Matrix/Art of Smart/Talent100 etc. had some good free articles on things in the English course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)