• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advanced Unit Enrollment (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lol

in first and 2nd yr 1st sem we still care abt gettin hd... now all i care is gettin a pass and get uni over and done with...

nit

HSC
lol what did I tell you, xiaoie - think positively - one bad semester/year doesn't mean you'll be forever incapable fo scaling the heights :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
nit said:
lol what did I tell you, xiaoie - think positively - one bad semester/year doesn't mean you'll be forever incapable fo scaling the heights :)
no no really...
uni's boring as crab these days...

working no much funner either, but at least it beats boring lec's

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
xiao1985 said:
lol

in first and 2nd yr 1st sem we still care abt gettin hd... now all i care is gettin a pass and get uni over and done with...
Maybe for you, I'm still aiming for that 90 average [goddamn 2nd year maths, 89.94 I'll freaking kill yo....]
casebash said:
I'm doing 48 cp of advanced units and I know at least two other people are doing this as well. No-one seems to care about the limit.
In one semester? Thats freaking insane!

I ended up doing 22 and 21 in each semester. Unless you want to do Bio, that's really the limit of advanced units.

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
In one semester? Thats freaking insane!
In one year. Nobody's stupid enough to do 48cp of science in one semester (which happens to be the total number of cp of subjects that I want to do this semester).

Plus you'll use up your 144cp in no time, and will be kicked out by the uni.

machiavel

HSC
The evil evil USyd software/computing course is INFO1903. It's a fantastic course and is extremely useful because it covers a widee range of topics, but...
...it should be at least 12cp!! It took me more time than 2 maths subjects and physics combined. Admittedly, I didn't have prior experience with python, UNIX or SQL, but I had basic knowledge in the other areas and was skilled in HTML/CSS. It was STILL difficult.
So if you're doing a BSc in anything, do this with 12 or 18cp of something else in Sem.1 and do an extra 6 or 3 cp subject in Sem. 2 to catch up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)