• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advice for non-Frenchperson doing French?!?! (1 Viewer)

yy-d

HSC
as long as she's got motivation its all good.
i've done french since yr7 and I'm struggling a bit for this half of yr11...i dont knw why. should probably spend more time on it :/
you know what? if she goes on exchange for 3mths or more in yr10 she'd improve vastly.

hannahcheeseman

HSC
yeah we have a girl in our class who is beating the native speaker just because she works hard at it. Its a tough subject but if you enjoy it then it a fantastic one to do, and it does scale well :)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i do french and did french extension [would have continued but something ad to give] and i'm not french at all. i have a very australian accent and i can easily pick up a french accent when i want to. if she's good at it then she'll be fine come hsc time. you learn a lot in the time between year nine and year twelve. she'd be fine =]]. and french is a really interesting, fun subject, so tell her to go for it!!

also, russian isn't a very popular language, so it's usually only the native speakers or ones with some sort of russian heritage that take the language, so in that case, it might be a little harder to get top marks, but noone from my school or my old school that did french was from a french background at all.
don't listen to dani shes actually kinda bad at french.

nah to OP, me and hermand go to a top 20 school and a non-german girl last year topped the state in continuers and extension german.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)