Advice for year 12 (1 Viewer)

esamama

HSC
I am in Year 10 but have been accelerating the 2 unit maths course along with 2 other subjects for the past year. I have been ridiculously lazy and have done no homework all year and am doing quite badly (average mark around the 50s). Thing is, I enjoy maths and understand the concepts relatively well.
Should I drop down to General, continue (and catch up on) 2 unit or just drop maths altogether?

rand_althor

HSC
If you enjoy it and understand the concepts, then you should keep 2U. However, you do have to do your homework and work hard, otherwise your marks probably won't improve. That being said, if you do put in a lot of effort but your marks don't improve at all, then you should consider whether 2U is for you.

leehuan

HSC
I was accelerated by two years in mathematics, i.e. when I was in Yr 10 I did 2U HSC. What did I do?

Practically 0 homework for every Yr 10 RoSA course.

A lot of homework for Yr 12 mathematics.
------
Come the HSC, I find myself always doing homework now anyway.

I hate failure. And since the HSC counts, that pressured me to do my homework. Not sure if that applies to everyone including you but that's how it went for me.

sharoooooo

HSC
i was in accelerated 2unit maths..
but i dropped out during my second year of the course.
so then i re-did 2unit and i also picked up ext1, and im much better now than when the first time i did 2unit :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)