Advice on credit awarded for BSc (1 Viewer)

Resident

HSC
Greetings I'm after some advice relating to credit I've been awarded from past studies at CIT (Canberra's TAFE equivalent).
Now I received an offer of 45 credit points for my Bsc divided as follows
  • 6 - Junior Chemistry
  • 6 - Junior Molecular Biology & Genetics
  • 9 - Junior Mathematics
  • 6 - Intermediate Immunology
  • 6 - Intermediate Biochemistry
  • 12 - Intermediate microbiology
The form I received also states that the above unspecified credit is equivalent to the following
  • 6 - Chemistry 1A
  • 6 - Introductory Immunology
  • 6 - Molecular Biology and Genetics (Intro)
  • 6 - Human Biochemistry
  • 6 - Microbial Life
  • 6 - Microbes in Society
  • 3 - Biostatistics
Now bare with me
This state’s I have 9 unspecified credit points of junior math credit (3 of which are the equivalent of biostatistics), does this mean I only have to complete a 3 unit math subject (other than Biostatistics) in order to satisfy the 12 point junior math credit for Bsc?

Another question, is there anything stopping me from undertaking intermediate units in my first year or senior units in my second year, provided I posses the prerequisites?

Last question, does anyone have any idea how these will factor into determining my GPA given most of my classes were ungraded?

I understand these are best asked to an academic adviser which I will be doing, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Thanks for any advice/comments in advance.

cylaq

HSC
I'm not sure about the credit transferral.
I think if you want to take intermediate or senior units of study before that year, you'll need a special permission from the Pro Dean. You can go to the Faculty Office to make an appointment with the Pro Dean.
Also, for the GPA. I think it's something called SCIWAM. You can search SCIWAM or WAM on the USYD website.

Hope this helps!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)