Advice on girl (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello, So I have been texting this girl I meet, on insta but I don't think she checks her insta quite often. I message her and she usually takes a few days to respond and the longest time she took to reply was a week, plus she doesn't ask to many questions. I dunno If she is interested in me.

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
Hello, So I have been texting this girl I meet, on insta but I don't think she checks her insta quite often. I message her and she usually takes a few days to respond and the longest time she took to reply was a week, plus she doesn't ask to many questions. I dunno If she is interested in me.
I don't think she is. She probs can't be asked. I think she is maybe busy texting other guys. I know I guy who was in a similar position. This girl would take a long time to respond to him. The reason was because of the trend of seeming to have more unseen messages, the I HAVE A LOT OF DMS thing. She didn't reply often to make herself appear cooler.

HSC
I don't think she is. She probs can't be asked. I think she is maybe busy texting other guys. I know I guy who was in a similar position. This girl would take a long time to respond to him. The reason was because of the trend of seeming to have more unseen messages, the I HAVE A LOT OF DMS thing. She didn't reply often to make herself appear cooler.
What if the girl talked a lot in real life (an hour straight), when I knew this girl only for like a few days.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
It’s always better to assume they are not interested. Especially if you are driving the conversation all the time.

The fact that she doesn’t reply could be that she is busy and that is how she uses social media, as is in some people don’t use instagram for messaging.

Have you met this person in IRL and have you just met?

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
What if the girl talked a lot in real life (an hour straight), when I knew this girl only for like a few days.
Maybe she is using you as a tool to make her ex or a love interest jealous. How do you think girls would rate your looks and your swagger by the way? How tall are you? How popular are you? Is the girl popular?

HSC
the girl is popular but i met her in another state ( Queensland), my looks are probs average and am 172cm tall. She did compliment me saying that i breathe confidence. I can guarantee you that it was not to make her ex jealous.

kystal

HSC
she probably doesnt want to get to know you. she liked the irl convo with you but doesnt want to get to know you on another level [thats why she takes a long time to respond]
that may or may not apply to your situation but ik some people who do that
if i were you i wouldnt put in any effort anymore, you should let her put in the effort first and see if she doesnt/does, then youll know if she actually wants to get to know you

HSC
thank you guys for your advice, She replied to a message and I said "Yeah that's true" I also noticed that she stopped asking questions and just continuing to answer mine. So I kinda sent a dry message willing to end the convo till she asks me another question.

HSC
It’s always better to assume they are not interested. Especially if you are driving the conversation all the time.

The fact that she doesn’t reply could be that she is busy and that is how she uses social media, as is in some people don’t use instagram for messaging.

Have you met this person in IRL and have you just met?
I have meet her irl I do suspect she doesn't use insta to message, cuz I was staying at her house and messaged her on insta but she didn't check it. Also I have never seen her check insta on the few days I was with her. Though I think she does use imessage.

Jojofelyx

HSC
It would be great if you could share this thread to people/ tag members who could help.
Honestly, a rule of thumb is that you shouldn't text much more than they text you. Similar reply times too.
Why?
Its not playing hard to get or being a cunt, its just that you gotta put in how much they are putting in. Ain't no one worth any of your extra time. (spare your family and very close friends, obviously).

HSC
Honestly, a rule of thumb is that you shouldn't text much more than they text you. Similar reply times too.
Why?
Its not playing hard to get or being a cunt, its just that you gotta put in how much they are putting in. Ain't no one worth any of your extra time. (spare your family and very close friends, obviously).
Yes that is the realisation I have come to, but tbh I my emotions still bother me quite a bit. I also do kinda recognise that long distance shit doesn't workout

Jojofelyx

HSC
Yes that is the realisation I have come to, but tbh I my emotions still bother me quite a bit. I also do kinda recognise that long distance shit doesn't workout
Lol i know from experience that it doesn't. Yeah embrace the emotion, give yourself however long you need, but if you can distract yourself too, catch up with friends, watch shows/movies, spend time with fam, play games, exercise, whatever you like doing just use this as an excuse, and you'll be right lad.

Also, holding onto false hope is nothing worthwhile. If something came along in the future (maybe even that exact girl), then take it as a pleasant surprise, not something you had to earn or waited for.

HSC
But I am in year 12 lol, it probably is already taking a toll on my studies, I feel like I am the kind of guy that rarely has crushes but once I have one it gets under my skin quite a bit.

Jojofelyx

HSC
But I am in year 12 lol, it probably is already taking a toll on my studies, I feel like I am the kind of guy that rarely has crushes but once I have one it gets under my skin quite a bit.
Seeing friends who were in y12 trying to get in or already in relationships was not a pretty sight after their ATAR's came out. Aint worth it from what i've seen lol. I reckon most of em couldve gotten 1-2 more points. Up to you what you wanna prioritise. A slight chance at a relationship that has a 95% chance of failing after a year but comes at the cost of a lot of uni course choices? Up to you lad

Damn this sounds like i've been hurt bad, istg im alright guys lmao

HSC
No I absolutely agree abt what you said and it is the most rational thing to do, But the question for me is how do I forget this girl?

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
No I absolutely agree abt what you said and it is the most rational thing to do, But the question for me is how do I forget this girl?
Go study. Don't waste ur time now. It isn't worth it now. There are so many other fish in the sea if you don't stay together. Go become a doctor and then you will be 6'6 when you stand on your money. Then the girls will come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)