Advice on teacher's who can't teach (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
lol

remember kiddies! .. the five p's.

Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
i never heard of the '5' p's before lol =/

Undertoad

HSC
I taught myself all of the 2unit, 3unit and 4 unit maths courses

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Well at my school we had two teachers that couldnt teach;

A Hospitality teacher = who left cos she wanted to continue her education & also she had a major food allegy! So for yr11 we didnt learn anything..but we did yr12 hospo at the local TAFE..we learnt some much!

And our 'wonderful' English teacher...who wasnt great buds with the other teachers & kept annoying us! So we kept bugging her..until she needed stress leave for about 5 weeks..which pissed off the other teachers even more! considering it was just before the trials!
So we learnt & enjoyed english more with the sub-teachers that we got!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
My physics teacher cant teach and i really want to do physics but im stuck with him for 2 years :( should i get a tutor? any advice

raspberry-sauce

HSC
I have a maths teacher, who isn't very aware of what she's doing. I mean, she's nice and it's a good thing that most of the time, I can understand what she is trying to teach but we'll be marking answers to h/w or an exam, or she'll write a question on the board and she'll get the wrong answer and we as students have to correct her. I know, everyone makes mistakes but this happens regularly, and she shouldn't be in front of the class if she doesn't know what she's doing, lol.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Wooz said:
My physics teacher cant teach and i really want to do physics but im stuck with him for 2 years :( should i get a tutor? any advice
There there, we're on the same boat :S Just glad that he's considering doing astrophysics as our option inYear 12. According to himself he has a degree in astrophysics so...hmm. And he even said that he might teach us on relativity. SQUEEEEEE!! So hopefully he's not crap at teaching those sorts of stuff...or else I'm really hating this subject -_-'''

... Actually scratch that last bit. I like physics :D

lazystudent

HSC
WHATEVER you do i suggest you do not do what i did when i was in year 10. I did nothing. I sat in Maths every day and played card games at the back of the class room under the table with friends. This was Probably the Reason i got an overall 30% for the year, although I learnt some mad card games. My teacher had no idea how to teach or to convey any meaning watsoever to the class. i suggest you take the matter up with your head teacher.

Cobra

Ouch, oww, Ouch! owww....
HSC
yeh, my yr 10 maths teacher was a pain in the ass too. Whenever he got the wrong answer to a question, he changed the question to make it work. I dont think he fully understood the work. But i guess that was the first year he eva taught, and my class didn't really make it easy :p

D

dzzlng_07

well.. i got really bad phys and english teachers this year...

i guess getting a tutor for subs like english should do it... and as for the others, just study off various textbooks

47sniper

HSC
N/A
I have the worst chemistry teacher '-_-
He can't even speak english properly and half the time noone can understand what he's saying. We've done about 10 dotpoints from the syllabus and learnt nothing and he expects us to do all these questions we know nothing about :(

conman

HSC
I hate teacher that can't not teach and speak English fluently. I have one Idian teacher for Physic she gave us homework, and then next day spent nearly 2 periods just marking for 2 questions only and didn't get it right. I had to come to the board and show her my method to solve on Wave topic and she didn't know my method is wrong or right

coolkoombaya

HSC
u ppl ever wonder about school conspiracy shit? i duno, in year 9, i got fked by the school, i got nigelated in the classes (in many classes, i was the only person who had nobody else from the same class last year), put with the shittest teachers, crap lyk that. i kinda figure, teachers didnt lyk me nor my freinds, and i was the biggest dickhead or sumthing. but its all good, ive changed i fink, and gonna be a sad cunt/nerd.

and karma? i got all kik ass teachers this year. gonna make the most of it.

shaun_89

HSC
yeah i agree with all of you. but when u want to do things for urself, like change class or do stuff, sometimes the head teacher doenst really care at all. like my english teacher is sucha numbnut. one time, from analyzing a poem, he diverted to ralph magazines. and he rambles on. trust me, anyone can fall asleep in his class...AND I MEAN ANYONE. the sad thing is i have him for My HSC. and i do advanced english. as it is, im just treading water, on the verge to drown. i try to do the work, but its hard to do the work for him if he doesnt help us. tried talking to the head teacher, and he wont help me out. wen we did our assessment, no feedback. i mean cmon man...thats just crap really. so an advice on teachers who cant teach: go get a tutor and do it the hard way. cuz if the schools cbf to help u, its u hu have to pick up urself and do it right...though u see ur tutor 1nce a week, u still do ur work. do ur part, then ull be aiight. thats my situation now...so yeah.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
In Year 10 I had a horrid Maths teacher. Not only would she not explain things, she would get bitchy when we asked her questions, belittling everyone and even going so far as to calling one girl "stupid". She physically grabbed another student, too. We went to everyone about it: our year advisor, the head of maths, the principal, we even sought advice on the Internet from those "everyone has rights!" sites and I even asked around here.

All in all, nothing was done. There's no way in hell I'm doing Maths in Year 11, because there's no way in hell I'm going to have her as a teacher again. I feel sorry for those who will, though.

bos1234

HSC
how can u study the 4 unit by urself.. it will take soo long

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
tutoring. try that. :p often helps.

guess you can always ask friends for help. friends in highhh places.

tonyb1989

HSC
shaun_89 said:
my english teacher is sucha numbnut... anyone can fall asleep in his class...AND I MEAN ANYONE. the sad thing is i have him for My HSC
i agree, i'm in the same class and in all the years i have been at school i have never fallen asleep in class until yr 11 english, i have lost count of the number of times i have fallen asleep in class, but it only happens in english.. something is definately wrong!!

HSC
Got a teacher who can't teach? In most cases the resources are there, you may just have to go looking for it....friends, other teachers, BoS, library, other textbooks, parents, family, the internets, tutoring...its all there.

If its so excrutiatingly bad....If all else fails get the hell out of there...if that means changing classes so be it. If you can't do that don't bother showing up to class and just try and find some resources that may be handy to you.

lacklustre

HSC
Our class enjoys giving our maths teacher hard problems and then watch him struggle. He'll make up ecuses like "I'll do it later" when he can't figure it out. It is so hilarious...lol if you laugh too loudly though he'll give you a luch cleanup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)