• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advice please! Graduate this year? (1 Viewer)

emilydavis

HSC
hey!
I'm going into my third year of a B arts/ Education at unsw, and am trying to decide whether i should just graduate with a BA or hang on for another year and finish the teaching part.

I have always maintained that I would never be a teacher, its just my back up. I have no intention of teaching, but I think having that education bit tacked onto my resume might help me more then a straight BA which will basically get me nowhere-- (correct me if i'm wrong?)

Any thoughts/ opinions on whether I should graduate this year or finish teaching? I am just so scared of the possibility of graduating without actually being able to have a career, or be qualified to do something.

please please help! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, I still seem not to have any real idea about what i'd like to do as a career, but I think I would at least like to get a degree finished to open up some possibilities?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance Im really in a bind, and am terrible at making decisions as you can see

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
I don't see what benifit dropping outta education would do, you might aswell keep it up unless your afraid your not going to do as well this year with 2 Bachelor degrees too worry about.

Theres no reason why you can't finish your BA and if you can't find a job finish off your B Edu?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
emilydavis911 said:
a straight BA which will basically get me nowhere-- (correct me if i'm wrong?)
.......then why did u do it for?

like 2 guys that were in my tute and they were being serious, one said: "I want to do telecommunication engineering because it sounds cool", another said "i dont want to be an engineer but i am studying engineering because my friends are doing it". :ninja: Chuck Norris...where are you?

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
What's so terrible about teaching anyway?
If you enjoy travelling, you can teach in another country and take a holiday while you're at it! If you really dislike teaching, you should transfer asap since there isn't really any point in continuing education if you don't intend to teach.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Why not spend the next year doing a postgrad cert or diploma.... Linguistics, Library Studies, Training & Development (much more fun than teaching), Town Planning, Archeology, Theatre Studies, Public Relations, Human Resources etc. It'll give you the edge above other Arts grads, but means you won't have to do the in-school teaching practicals, because they are hell even for people who do love teaching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)