advice plis :O? (1 Viewer)

Aceitachi

HSC
hi guy/girls.

i am doing this subjects listed below, i picked subjects that i like and enjoy. is it possible for me to get a atar of 90%. I dont do maths and my English isn't that good either... would any of my subjects scale me?

1)standard english
2)business studies
3)legal studies
4)modern history
5)design and technology
6)studies of religion u1
7)extension history

are there ways to improve my english skills~ i read a book for like 30min-1 hour each day, please dont recommend another hour i will go crazy ;s in my sc i got 78% in english, i was shocked, it was so terrible ;'" i hink i have trouble with spelling and anaylzing text, is there any advice there that can help me?

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
You may want to work on your English, I mean, when you say your "English isn't that good", and you do 5 humanities subjects, that is a little bit worrying. Hopefully you can string a few words together to make an essay.

Anyway, as with scaling (ie. for your ATAR), your best scaling subjects are Modern History and Extension History (best scaling as in for humanities). The rest are average, but aligning-wise (for your HSC mark), Standard is pretty bad.

Sure you can get 90, but you're going to have to work reasonably hard with average aligning and scaling subjects.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You're going to have to work on your English, as it will always count.

But it's definitely possible, aided if you like and enjoy the subjects you do.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Of course you can get 90 ATAR, you just have to work hard. Besides, you should always work hard anyway...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)