Advice plz (1 Viewer)

hayleyl

HSC
I need advice on what topic to do my PIP on, I want to start it soon
I was thinking about doing the impact of sole parent families on the community over the years but I still am not sure!!
My first idea for my PIP was bullying, Why teenage girls are so cruel and why do they do it. I was going to use my school because we are a senior campus and that could exclude age, and so on...
But I can't seem to decide on a topic
I was also thinking of doing teens attitude towards driving how it has changed over time and the impact on the community.
Do any of them sound like good topics:confused:
I just can't choose!!:eek:
thanx...

Kulazzi

HSC
I like the 1st and 3rd option you have. IMO, the bullying topic will not take in the concepts fully and I don't think it will be interesting unless you can make it really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really good :p.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I agree. The 1st and 3rd topics sounds much better than the 2nd. Bullying is an important issue but it might be a bit boring for the examiners.

Driving is certainly a hot topic at the moment with P-platers being constantly targeted. Has it always been like that - reflecting the concept of continuity? Or it is an emerging social issue - reflecting a social change? Explore the concepts of Continuity and Change would be an appropriate and relevant start to your PIP.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
yeh bullying is a topic which is quite overdone but every year there seems to be people who can do it well and score top marks. so if you're passionate about the topic then thats the way to go.

but..

personally i think the topic on driving is most interesting and theres bound to be heaps of views out there. and your primary research should produce some interesting results that can be incorporated into your central material to impress the markers (assuming that the topic hasnt been done much in the past). with that said would that mean your cross cultural component would be time?

there are heaps of concepts it can be linked with but do a bit of research on each topic first to see whats out there. the best option would be to choose which one interests you the most - cos you'll be stuck with it for a while!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)