Advice to Julia Gillard (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
If you were working as a policy analyst and political advisor for Julia Gillard what would you say?

Lavanderpie

Banned
HSC
If you were working as a policy analyst and political advisor for Julia Gillard what would you say?
Several things.

1. Please, please, please don't do stupid things like the carbon tax, ban on live cattle trade etc. because they make you look bad and it is bad for Australia
-Carbon tax (trading scheme), because she said there wasn't going to be one, and also how it is laid out is poor.
- Live Cattle ban, occurred in 2012, totally damaged the sector.
Basically, think!!

2. When dealing with federal budgets, don't be stupid and try to pull a piss-weak surplus of less than 1% GDP. Not wonder it is going to be a deficit. All you have done is denied certain areas of Australia to forfeit funding in an attempt to sustain a surplus. You either go for a deficit/surplus of some size, which won't be dramatically wiped out by small economic movements. This will ensure that you are actually able to reduce/increase funding appropriately

3. Resign please, and let Malcolm Turnbull lead the Liberal Party (assuming Tony Abbott died or resigned).

4. Lot more I can't exactly put in nice wordds

Lavanderpie

Banned
HSC
Essentially she suspended companies from trading if there was reasonable suspicion that they were acting in breach of the Prevention of Animal Cruelty Act. That is conventional practice when dealing with criminal statutes.
There is no question that there was suspicion of Animal Cruelty, I am saying there wasn't.

But you cannot say that, her order to suspend it for that length of time damaged the industry. Understandably the conventional practice has been to cut/suspend trade, but you cannot ignore the damage it caused.

Also, I remembered the Rudd education revolution and insulation scheme failure

Lavanderpie

Banned
HSC
I understand they were free to trade as soon as they put in place measures that complied with the act. Can't say fairer than that.
They did place measures, but it took a fairly long time. Also, the measures heavily relied upon the exporters, not the importers. (Of course both parties had to change, but the exporters changed more)

Lavanderpie

Banned
HSC
So they should have been free to resume trade in complete breach of a criminal statute?
Of course not, you are twisting my words (like a good politician).

The major problem associated with the ban, was the length of time it took to resolve and the associated costs to exporters to maintain these reforms.

will90211

HSC
Thank god Ludwig pushed the reforms through. My advice to Gillard is not to overplay personality politics.

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Fire your hairdresser.
Fire your designer.
Fire your tailor.

Simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)