Advice would be great - Year 11 Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

kaitlynmary

HSC
Hi,

I'm in Year 10 and I need to pick all my subjects for next year by next week. I would love some advice on picking my RE course. Here's what I've got so far:

English Advanced
English Extension
Modern History
Legal Studies
Economics
Maths Advanced

That makes 11 units so I need one more - being at a Catholic school I need to pick one unit of RE. I don't know but I reckon the subjects I have so far are pretty content heavy? Are they? If so, it would be good to do the non-atar religion so I have a little less load to worry about but at the same time I don't see the point in doing work for a course that ain't going towards my ATAR ya know
If I did one unit Studies Of Religion that did go towards my ATAR will I be taking on too much? I'm just worried I'll be writing a LOT of essays and will burn out or something.

I'm open to any help you can give me! Thanks so much.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Looking at your other subjects, most are high scaling and even the lower scaling ones like History and Legal, still scale better than a Religion subject. So most likely whats gonna happen is the religion subject wont end up counting either way. All your subjects are essay subjects so be ready for a lot of writing, but you should be fine if you enjoy it.

What I did is I knew in my HSC that IPT would never count so I did the bare minimum so I could just pass it. You could do this with your religion subject IF you are confident in your other subjects.

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm in Year 10 and I need to pick all my subjects for next year by next week. I would love some advice on picking my RE course. Here's what I've got so far:

English Advanced
English Extension
Modern History
Legal Studies
Economics
Maths Advanced

That makes 11 units so I need one more - being at a Catholic school I need to pick one unit of RE. I don't know but I reckon the subjects I have so far are pretty content heavy? Are they? If so, it would be good to do the non-atar religion so I have a little less load to worry about but at the same time I don't see the point in doing work for a course that ain't going towards my ATAR ya know
If I did one unit Studies Of Religion that did go towards my ATAR will I be taking on too much? I'm just worried I'll be writing a LOT of essays and will burn out or something.

I'm open to any help you can give me! Thanks so much.
Drop Modern History and replace it with business studies. If you're good at science, try to have physics or chemistry or biology there.

kaitlynmary

HSC
Drop Modern History and replace it with business studies. If you're good at science, try to have physics or chemistry or biology there.
I don't see myself doing business studies, but is there a point in doing Economics if I'm not doing business? I've heard they go well together.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Why are you telling her to drop Modern?

If you enjoy it, do it.

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
I don't see myself doing business studies, but is there a point in doing Economics if I'm not doing business? I've heard they go well together.
Nah, if you're not interest in Business Studies, don't drop Economics. They go well together but that shouldn't be a reason as to why you dropped it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)