Advice (1 Viewer)

ptrgrgry

HSC
I think I made a mistake in choosing my subjects.
So I do:

English Adv.
English Ext. 1
SOR 1
Mathematics
Economics
Modern History
History Extension

But, I really want to pursue a career heavily focused around the field of mathematics. Most probably BA Commerce (Liberal Studies), major in economics and mathematics. Or, possibly even a career in science, maybe dentistry. Well the point is that I don't know what I want to do but have I limited my options by not choosing enough math & science subjects?

Is this necessarily an obstacle? I've heard of bridging courses but am not very sure of the details. Can I pick whatever course I want to and then do a bridging course? Or by not doing the prerequisite subject in the first place am I less likely to get into a math course than someone who did?

Can someone explain to me some options?

i-hate-engrish

HSC
Most university courses revolve mainly around the UAI and an interview.
You first apply for the math course, and then apply for the bridging course at the same time or when you get accepted.
but the bridging course might not necessarily give you any more info than your HSC course...
You should either get on the phone with a university youre interested in or attend one of their open days. a lot of open days are coming up soon so I'd say check some of them out and have a chat with the people in the math department.
if you think youre smart enough to go for a math course then go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)