Advice? (1 Viewer)

mike12345678

HSC
hey guys,

so im doing the bachelor of medical science at USYD and I have a few questions.

1) is it normally to have 29 hours of contact hours :/ my friend doing medicine at UNSW doesn't even do those hours...

2) im finding chem 1A / chem 1101 pretty tricky and with all the other work do it its hard to study for it. my aim in this course is to just maximise my GPA to increase my chances of getting into med. I spoke to the head of the subject and they have given me permission to change subject even after the deadline of the 15th.
should I drop to fundamentals to reuce my workload a bit? BTW I did chem up til chemical monitoring in year 12 HSC but ended up dropping it.

thankyou in advance and please any advice would be much appreciated

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Lower levels of Chemistry will have less scaling. Unless you can top the whole Fundamentals cohort, don't expect a Distinction or higher.

mike12345678

HSC
Lower levels of Chemistry will have less scaling. Unless you can top the whole Fundamentals cohort, don't expect a Distinction or higher.
would it be better to be in the lower end of chem1A or the higher end of fundamentals?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
would it be better to be in the lower end of chem1A or the higher end of fundamentals?
Need to be more specific and dropping down doesn't guarantee that you'll do well. The fact that you dropped HSC Chemistry doesn't help me believe that you'll smash it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)