• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

advising sessions (1 Viewer)

sig

HSC
When and where?

Can someone link me the site

sig

HSC
It says mechanical engineering is from
13/12/04 - 11/3/05
Monday to Friday
9 to 5

Does this sound right to you? Like would they really hold advising sessions for so long and frequent?

5c

HSC
yep im going to da 27th JAN one for economics and commerce.
need to ask a list of questions about enrolment and stuff...

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Are these sessions like a lecture of some sort, or is it 1 on 1?

HSC
Komaticom said:
I need directions to UNSW from Central (i.e. which bus to take and where). Preferably today, because my Advisory Day is tomorrow.
...same here...

shannonm

HSC
N/A
Follow the signs to Eddy Avenue. Cross Eddy Avenue, and walk down to the opposite ends of the bus stands. (It’ll make more sense when you’re there, trust me!)
After that, you can catch a bus numbered 891, which is an express bus to the Kensington campus. These buses run most frequently during the morning from 8-11. (link to timetable - PDF file) If there isn’t an 891 around, you can catch the 391, 393 or 395 from Eddy Avenue.
The 891 will stop at various places along High Street, which runs parallel to the uni.

copy/pasted from thread: Studying @ UNSW – a guide from a student

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ok so now we know how to get there.......wat do we take??.....just ID.....or do we have to pay our union fees as well 2morrow.....??

wind

HSC
I went to the Arts one yesterday and it's a lot like info day. There was a presentation of the course in the lecture theatre.

Although they did break up into smaller groups afterwards.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
Komaticom said:
The Arts (Media and Comm) session went for 45 minutes, instead of the posted 2 hours. The rest of the time can be spent ascending that frigging long staircase to that Q place for enquiries.
u spend time on the stairs coz the line at the enquiry place is so long or ... just coz stairs are annoying/

EDIT: also, wat actually happens at the advising sess?

Last edited:

Acid

HSC
I'll be there for the 27th Jan one because the whole process of choosing subjects is pretty confusing....and that will give me a chance to pick up my Uni card as well...

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
jang said:
u spend time on the stairs coz the line at the enquiry place is so long or ... just coz stairs are annoying/
The stairs are annoying, good exercise though. I'd race anyone up those stairs just for the hell of it.

jang said:
EDIT: also, wat actually happens at the advising sess?
A course info manual, a timetable booklet, and that Peer Mentoring booklet were handed out at the beginning of the session. The components of each year was explained with the help of an overhead. Questions were answered, and that's about it. UNSW sent out letters saying you must attend your Advisory Session, but all the info you need is available on the my.unsw.edu.au site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)