• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

affect on transfers (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
hey

most full-time students i assume would do 8 courses a session, i was wondering, what if someone decides to do only 6 courses, and wants to trasnfer to another degree after first year? is there some requirement that you have to be doing the maximum load or something before u can transfer?

laney

HSC
ha, 8 subjects. no way dude. that's basically overloading as it is.

it would depend what degree you're doing now as to how many subjects you should/can take to make you a full time student. for a science degree most (if not all) subjects are 6 credit points worth, so you need to do at least 3 (18 UOC) to be a full time student.

on the other hand, you may be doing engineering, where the normal is around 6 or 7 subjects, but each are only 3UOC.

however, if you want to transfer, make sure you get a least a credit average.

hatty

Banned
woopsio, i meant 8 subects a year. lol

so lets say i end up doing 7 year, so 3 semster 1 and 4 semester 2.

can i still transfer even with these numbers? or do i need the full 8 courses a year? and each subject is 6 uoc

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm this is a strange one.

My hunch is that you need to have completed the equivalent of a full-year (ie, 48CP at UNSW)

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Actually they will allow you to transfer so long as you've done the equivalent of 1yr full time uni i.e at least 3 subjects at unsw (if you're a unsw student, don't if the full time load differs in other unis)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i'm also doing 3 subjects 1st semester and 4 2nd semester, and i've been told it's still a full-time load so you should be fine to apply for transfer

~*chocho*~

HSC
I transferred from adv. science to commerce this year (both at unsw), but I only did 2 subjects in sem 1 (12 cp) and 3 subjects in sem 2 (18cp) last year..
They said something like your uni marks only start counting after you do 48 cp though, so only my UAI was taken into account.
So yeah, I don't think there is a minimum requirement to transfer.. It's just that your uni marks don't get counted unless you do 48cp.

Last edited:

m0nr

HSC
hmm interesting, i'm thinking of transfering from science to computer engineering, and some of the courses i need to do for eng i'm already doing now in science.. does that mean i'll only need to do a few courses in engineering next year because i've already done them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)