After Enrolment. What Do you do?? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Ok, I enrolled online and chose my subjects/classes.

What should I do now?

Hecs?
UNSW ID?
Enrol in Lab? I rang the BEES office to enrol for Bio tut and Lab, but no one picked up the phone. Also I don't know how to e mail them with my UNSW e mail account. And is it possible to e mail them through my Hotmail account??

Thank you

sunny

meh.
HSC
You can email them with your hotmail, but make your subject line obvious you're a student, put something like BIO1011 Enrolment, and including your student ID.

Lolliana

there is a couple of things you have to do

number 1 get your full unipass, the one you used to access admin services is just a temp, you need to go to the disconnect office (back of library) or e-spot (red building) and get your full uni pass which comes on a slip of paper that looks like a docket, with the unipass you can then access your unimail account. Now this is important, on that docket there is a website, go to that website, follow the links until you have read and accepted the uni's conditions of use. You only have to do this once, if you dont do it, even with the full unipass you will not be able to access your account.

at the e-spot you also need to get your student id, you can get it on the spot, along with your travel concession (same card), you have to bring photo id with you (passport, drivers licence)

remember whenever you ask a question be prepared to quote your student id number

also dont bother picking up a diary, they wont be ready yet till o- week, however as there are long queues you should get your id b4 o week, (i got mine today)

about unimail, you have to email (from your account, such as hotmail or yahoo or whateva) your student id, course code etc to whateva address you were told to email, after doing that, and obtaining your full unipass, and agreeing to the conditions you will then be able to open your account

im not certain about your course but for me, all my tutes are allocated during the 1st lecture, im guessing its the same. So remember to turn up, or you may be stuck with the 9am start!
Its probably wise to check the faculty timetable, so you have some idea which tutes you wanna go to so you will choose the right ones.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Some subjects, such as MATH subjects, just enroll you in a tut, you don't get a choice. Make sure you check which tut you are enrolled in by checking the notice (usually posted at the 1st year maths office, follow the signs inside the maths section of the red center).

blah

I am blah
HSC
What happens if i dont have a drivers license or passport, can i use my student id card from high school its got a photo, name and dob

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep, any form of photo ID is good enough,

blah

I am blah
HSC
oh kewl thanx, so i only need to bring one photo id right? coz i read somewhere in the forum to bring two

sunny

meh.
HSC
Sorry, you do need two. The e-spot lady told me that new students are required to bring two forms of photo ID, and a enrollment confirmation page, incase the system isn't updated to reflect your enrollment.

Reason2Live

Originally posted by McLake
Some subjects, such as MATH subjects, just enroll you in a tut, you don't get a choice. Make sure you check which tut you are enrolled in by checking the notice (usually posted at the 1st year maths office, follow the signs inside the maths section of the red center).
wait a minute, wat about that whole 'making your timetable bit' i though that when u choose the tute your automatically enrolled in that class and timeslot, how can they just put you somewhere else now?

Originally posted by Lolliana
number 1 get your full unipass, the one you used to access admin services is just a temp, you need to go to the disconnect office (back of library) or e-spot (red building) and get your full uni pass which comes on a slip of paper that looks like a docket, with the unipass you can then access your unimail account.
i accepted the online agreement thing but i never went and got any 'new pass' but i can still access the unimail account.

kouri

well w t f
HSC
Originally posted by sunny
Sorry, you do need two. The e-spot lady told me that new students are required to bring two forms of photo ID, and a enrollment confirmation page, incase the system isn't updated to reflect your enrollment.

what? TWO? erh...
i have one, and one that doesnt' seem too reliable anymore..
@_@

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I only have one too. So what are we going to do??

sunny

meh.
HSC
I only have one too. So what are we going to do??
They will probably let you get away with one - try it anyway. They have your details on their systems, so if the form of ID is decent and gives a good enough match, it should be fine.

wait a minute, wat about that whole 'making your timetable bit' i though that when u choose the tute your automatically enrolled in that class and timeslot, how can they just put you somewhere else now?
I think McLake might be talking about exceptional cases here, there might be shifts and moving arounds sometimes that I've seen happen, but its shifting to a class at the same timeslot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)