After HSC uni preparation. (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Hi all.

I know that by January I will be bored of bludging, and will most likely work a few hours a week (hoping for over 20)

Other than that, I was thinking of getting a hand on a few books and having a quick read just to know what to expect and be ready for once I start engineering next year, most likely electrical.

Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to have a read through the HSC courses for Electro-technology and Engineering Studies?

Also, would anyone recommend getting ahead on the first semester?
I went to a low ranked school and thus I was a purely independent learner. I'm pretty sure that I am already prepared to try out a few courses.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
dame you're keen.

Good that you're independent though. After the hsc the negative implications of spoon feeding students start to become evident when they struggle to adapt to the independent learning in uni (pure speculation from what i have heard).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
dame you're keen.

Good that you're independent though. After the hsc the negative implications of spoon feeding students start to become evident when they struggle to adapt to the independent learning in uni (pure speculation from what i have heard).
Yeah. My careers adviser told me not to worry if I don't get a spectacular ATAR that I don't need. He said once I get to uni, I'm already prepared lolz.

I'm super keen, but still not sure what major.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Yeah. My careers adviser told me not to worry if I don't get a spectacular ATAR that I don't need. He said once I get to uni, I'm already prepared lolz.

I'm still not sure what course I want to do lol

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Just pick the general engineering degree and choose 2nd year?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Acquaint yourself with general trends in the industry. That could be useful. But there's no real point in trying to learn ahead of schedule at this stage.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
So having only done 2u maths with no phys would put you at a disadvantage right...
You would probably need to do some type of bridging course for Maths (at least ext 1).

From what I've heard, HSC Physics is completely different to Engineering Physics.

I would say that you should find a 3-unit HSC textbook and learn the content in the next 2 months.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
You would probably need to do some type of bridging course for Maths (at least ext 1).

From what I've heard, HSC Physics is completely different to Engineering Physics.

I would say that you should find a 3-unit HSC textbook and learn the content in the next 2 months.
do you really need a bridiging course or can you pickup the work by yourself through a private tutor or by yourself?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
do you really need a bridiging course or can you pickup the work by yourself through a private tutor or by yourself?
You can do it yourself. That is why I said that you should just pick up a textbook and do some work.

Hi, are there notes available online to give a bit of context to these questions, or would you recommend googling the topics
I'm guessing its stuff you are supposed to learn through lectures and tutorials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)