Agrippina the younger marriage with claudius (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I am desparately in need of benefits for both Claudius and Agrippina coming from their marriage. At the moment, all I can find is the furthering of Agrippina's and Nero's position socially, politically and financially... I have no benefits for Claudius!!! If anyone could help me out, please email me at funny_farmer@hotmail.com
Thanks!!!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Staying alive and pissing off Gaius?
Sorry, we didn't really focus much on the marriage.

HSC
N/A
The only other thing that I am having trouble finding is evidence of Agrippina's influence on the rule of Nero and Claudius as emperors. I have plenty of evidence that she had an influence, yet no evidence of what this influence was!!!

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
ok seeming im currently at uni im only gonna give u some vague stuff here..but yea i know i said ages ago id post my notes..and i promise im gettin theer..just taking alot longer then i exoected!

ok benifits
for agrippina:
* achieves highest goal for a roman woman...her son is adopted and becomes next in line for throne; sources Seneca..argh tehers a really good quote will post it when i get home and find it! and Tacitus
* Is able to neagte the restraints of being a wmen; has a partnership rule (tacitus), she attends teh opening of the fucine lack in military garb, she is able to listen in on meetings of teh senate..ect ect

for claudius
*shes teh daughter of teh greatly refered Germanicus..she is accpetable to teh people and adred..the public approval for her is immense..he marries and and he gets some of taht public approval
*she is his link but to Augustus and the Julio line..he is a claudian purely..now with teh marriage to agrippina he can borrow some of teh glory of Augustus
*he gets some one who id wise with finances and skilled at running a household..and she has no of teh same vices as melissilina which made him a laughing stock!

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
haah well for nero, she influenced his love life...tactitus quite clearly states she forced him to give up lovers...taht about all i can think of in specifics right now..lol..ill go home and make agripiina notes a priority for u guys!

also with claudius tactus states she influenced him to adopt nero,
she influenced him to allow the marriage between octavia his daughtr and nero (can also be seen as an influence on nero), she infl;uenced the return of exiles (seneca)...

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
yeah, what shelley said. :D
she also used her influence in Claudius' reign to appoint Burrus as the single commander of the Praetorian Guard.
and while Nero was emperor she had not only influence but power, seen by the fact that she received embassies that came to Rome and sent official letters in her son's name.

malfrax

So Agrippina asserted to Claudius that the Guard was split by their rivalry and that unified control would mean stricter discipline. Thereupon the command was transfered to Sextus Afranius Burrus. Tacitus

All I can remember off the top of my head, if I think of the others I'll post them as soon as I get a chance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)