AIDS Cure Discovered (2 Viewers)

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
Chairman of the Iman University Abdul Majeed al-Zindani has announced his university readiness to treat HIV-affected people.

The announcement was made at a press conference on the sidelines of the first international health conference that coincided with the sixth medical forum held recently in Yemen.

Al-Zindani said that after twenty years of search he and a medical team could produce a medication that will help cure the HIV- affected people.

He added the medication was produced under the supervision of the University of Abdul Aziz Bin Saud.
http://www.sabanews.net/en/news151629.htm

Sheikh Abdul-Majid al-Zindani, president of the Al-Iman University, has announced that he, with the help of a handful of scientists, has crafted a medicine formulated to cure HIV/AIDS patients. The news immediately provoked a flurry of controversy among regional and international health professionals, researchers, and academics, many of whom remain highly skeptical of al-Zindani’s claim.

Al-Zindani, who is the head of the Committee of Scientific Miracles of the Holy Quran, an affiliate of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, claimed that the research carried out by the Research Center at his Islamic school to treat HIV/AIDS carriers has born fruit. The announcement has been made repeatedly on a number of occasions; the most recent of which was during the celebration of the World AIDS Day, held in Sana’a University under the patronage of the Health Minister.
http://www.yobserver.com/sports-health-and-lifestyle/10011417.html
A Yemeni cleric claiming to cure HIV/AIDS patients claims to have been threatened with assassination if he reveals the secrets of his “invention.”
Although he stressed that his invention is “a drug, not a prayer”, he said that non-Muslim professors and researchers in the west would appreciate his medicine only if they understand the Prophet Mohammed’s hadiths (oral traditions of the Prophet). “I wanted to make humans aware of the prophetic hadiths, I wanted to tell them that there is a treasure. Then, the American professors and researchers would come over and compete with you in reading these hadiths,” al-Zandani said.

“The Hadith of the Prophet is the most scientific and accurate thing,” he added in the symposium which was part of a medial conference which concluded on Sunday, April 13. When asked by the Yemen Observer if believing in Islam was a condition for recovery from AIDS according to his would-be medicine, al-Zandani said,” I differentiate between praying and curing with a drug.”

He said he started his research in Mecca about 20 years ago but he started his experiments only five years ago in scientific laboratories in Egypt, Jordan, and in what he called “reference laboratories” in Germany. A total of 23 AIDS patients were allegedly recovered from a group of 38 patients who came to him for treatment.

A total of 10 people recovered during six-month treatments from the first group which included 13 patients. A total of 13 were recovered also during six months of the second group which included 25 patients, Sheikh al-Zandani said.

“This result was heard by the world though the al-Jazeera channel,” he boasted. Upon an oral request by the organizers, al-Zandani concluded his two-hour speech on AIDS by praying to Allah for a speedy recovery for all AIDS patients.
http://www.yobserver.com/front-page/10014070.html

Abdul Majeed al-Zandani, chairman of Al-Iman University, announced on Friday at a press conference during the first international medical conference in Yemen that nine out of ten sampled people have been proved to be free of the virus after they received his medicine. He noted that the samples were taken by the Ministry of Health and Population and given to the WHO, which then transferred the samples to the American Laboratory of the Marines in Cairo to prove whether they are HIV-free or not.
http://yementimes.com/article.shtml?i=1146&p=local&a=4

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
if u actually think this is a cure to aids chances are you are a muslim

Zephyrio

HSC
If this is true, how wonderful. Hopefully international scientists can capitalise on the research.

banco55

HSC
LOL no wonder the Arab world are such powerhouses when it comes to scientific/medical research.

justmeme

HSC
N/A
ill believe it when the little african kids who are born with it are saved..

Jess007

HSC
wow yeh.its weird that it hasnt made headlines this is the first ive heard of it, its good for hiv sufferers out there, lets jsut hope I AM LEGEND doesnt come true :p

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ Dude you're a stupid faggot. I'd highlight your idiocy specifically, but frankly, I don't waste my time with morons.

advanced sam

HSC
N/A
TacoTerrorist said:
^ Dude you're a stupid faggot. I'd highlight your idiocy specifically, but frankly, I don't waste my time with morons.
well said.
you people need to grow up, saying its a gay disease, or bagging out arab countries.. PEOPLE are dying, yes people,

who cares for what reason they got a disease,
somebody is trying to help, who cares from country.

and aids is not a gay disease

Zephyrio

HSC
advanced sam said:
well said.
you people need to grow up, saying its a gay disease, or bagging out arab countries.. PEOPLE are dying, yes people,

who cares for what reason they got a disease,
somebody is trying to help, who cares from country.

and aids is not a gay disease
I think you'll soon find out that Amused is well-versed in the art of satire.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
But being serious:

Um serious medical trials need to look at 1000s of people. 38 isn't a sample size that is considered large enough to be able to make statements like "a majority of people come to lectures", let alone state some bogus "cure" will cure AIDS.

Fucking hell this people are stupid. Maybe they should stop praying, eat some pork and take some stats classes.
Don't be so hasty.

As far as I am aware, there exists no cure or vaccine for HIV*. Most viral infections are thwarted by the immune system, not drugs (while I don't think any humans or primates can defeat the SIV/HIV virus). The monkeys we caught HIV from typically don't develop AIDS due to evolution. Anyway, the point is that even ONE case of somebody being successfully vaccinated or cured of HIV is extremely important and noteworthy.

As far as I can tell it's just a stunt to get Islamic converts, but I thought I'd point this out all the same.

*But there's lots of treatments and drugs available to reduce or help prevent AIDS from HIV. Why for example, selenium supplementation has been found to significantly bolster the immune system of AIDS sufferers. Further, many potential methods of combating the HIV exists and are being considered currently. A vaccine or cure for HIV would not surprise me, I just doubt it will come from an Islamic group who claims one must submit to Allah to be cured.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
38 people at a 50% success rate is a miracle (in the case of HIV/AIDS). That's definitely a cure. The sample size only matters for determining a more accurate success rate, and long-term studies need to be considered to determine side effects... but I mean... they had AIDS... what's the worst side effect going to be?

I doubt placebo is going to meddle much in an AIDS cure. ;)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
AIDS isn't something you can make money/converts off by restricting it. If somebody tries they'll likely end up in a world of pain. There are too many desperate people out there, and desperate governments and countries, and idealists in the Western world, for a cure to remain secret if it does exist.

It's like the atomic bomb; once one person has figured it out, others will follow swiftly.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Somehow, I doubt the 41 million people in the world dying of AIDS care about patents.

Zephyrio

HSC
Slidey said:
Somehow, I doubt the 41 million people in the world dying of AIDS care about patents.
They would.

Can you imagine how expensive the drugs would cost? Especially if only a select few companies hold the rights to the medicine? I mean people in Australia of all places are still complaining about PBS...

Zephyrio

HSC
advanced sam said:
whatever, it's lame
Look, it's called satire for a reason.

He doesn't actually think that AIDS is a gay disease.

But he's playing on the fact that there are a lot of dumbfucks out there who believe that it is.

There's a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)