Akhenaten and Nefertiti (1 Viewer)

ML1994

HSC
N/A
Discuss the nature of Akhenaten's relationship with Nefertiti.

This is the essay question i have and i need some help writing it.

Its due soon so post back asap

Thanks

The Matrix

HSC
I don't do ancient history but I can help.

Do this instead... Evaluate Augustus’ relationship with the senate:

The senate had no independence from Augustus since their promotion to that position was through Augustus himself. Their dependence on him allowed Augustus to gain control over five main areas: administration, legislation, finance, provincial administration and foreign affairs. As a result, the relationship Augustus had with the senate was vital to his ability to rule over the principate. In essence, Augustus put in place an efficient senate so that the work, not power, was shared.

In theory, the Emperor and the senate held equal powers. However, in practice, Augustus held the true power through his influence upon the members of the senate. Augustus made three revisions to the senate roll, reducing the numbers from 900 members to 600. He did this by expelling existing senators of low birth and in the aftermath, he altered the conditions to be a senator, making it based upon status and wealth. Through this, citizens who wished to achieve more status were those who pursued senatorial roles and consequently, Augustus promoted these individuals so that he essentially had autocratic rule.

On the administrative level, senatorial commissioners, also known as curatores, were in charge of aqueducts, grain supple, roads and public buildings . By choosing who got elected as curatores, Augustus used this method to control administration in Rome and Italy. Augustus, through the senate, was able to control the police, fire brigade and also Praetorian Guard, which made him in charge of public order as Salmon says. While senators would no doubt socially benefit from being promoted as a curatore, Augustus had much more to gain from this relationship. By achieving control over public order, Augustus could predict and prepare for any uprisings. His rule was not only based upon the façade of a republic, but he also ensured a tight control over the people of Rome. Without this relationship with the senate, he would not be able to address issues that would be harmful to his leadership.

Legislation was also used by Augustus so that he could establish greater authority through his influence and control of the laws that were passed. Originally, the senate would pass resolutions called “senatus consulta”, before this became law. Augustus’ allowed him to veto any such resolutions that he would disagree with or would restrict his control in any way. In response to this problem, Augustus created a senatorial committee, led by Augustus himself, which would prepare material and present it to the senate, advising them on what laws should be passed. This allowed him to greatly influence any legislation that would be passed, allowing him greater control and influence over Rome. It was later in AD13 that this group was able to legislate directly without any discussion with the senate. This power was very beneficial for Augustus in that he was able to adjust laws according to his needs without being in conflict with existing laws, furthering his façade of a republic. Without this relationship with the senate, it would have been much more difficult for Augustus to implement changes without disrupting social order.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
I don't do ancient history but I can help.

Do this instead... Evaluate Augustus’ relationship with the senate:

The senate had no independence from Augustus since their promotion to that position was through Augustus himself. Their dependence on him allowed Augustus to gain control over five main areas: administration, legislation, finance, provincial administration and foreign affairs. As a result, the relationship Augustus had with the senate was vital to his ability to rule over the principate. In essence, Augustus put in place an efficient senate so that the work, not power, was shared.

In theory, the Emperor and the senate held equal powers. However, in practice, Augustus held the true power through his influence upon the members of the senate. Augustus made three revisions to the senate roll, reducing the numbers from 900 members to 600. He did this by expelling existing senators of low birth and in the aftermath, he altered the conditions to be a senator, making it based upon status and wealth. Through this, citizens who wished to achieve more status were those who pursued senatorial roles and consequently, Augustus promoted these individuals so that he essentially had autocratic rule.

On the administrative level, senatorial commissioners, also known as curatores, were in charge of aqueducts, grain supple, roads and public buildings . By choosing who got elected as curatores, Augustus used this method to control administration in Rome and Italy. Augustus, through the senate, was able to control the police, fire brigade and also Praetorian Guard, which made him in charge of public order as Salmon says. While senators would no doubt socially benefit from being promoted as a curatore, Augustus had much more to gain from this relationship. By achieving control over public order, Augustus could predict and prepare for any uprisings. His rule was not only based upon the façade of a republic, but he also ensured a tight control over the people of Rome. Without this relationship with the senate, he would not be able to address issues that would be harmful to his leadership.

Legislation was also used by Augustus so that he could establish greater authority through his influence and control of the laws that were passed. Originally, the senate would pass resolutions called “senatus consulta”, before this became law. Augustus’ allowed him to veto any such resolutions that he would disagree with or would restrict his control in any way. In response to this problem, Augustus created a senatorial committee, led by Augustus himself, which would prepare material and present it to the senate, advising them on what laws should be passed. This allowed him to greatly influence any legislation that would be passed, allowing him greater control and influence over Rome. It was later in AD13 that this group was able to legislate directly without any discussion with the senate. This power was very beneficial for Augustus in that he was able to adjust laws according to his needs without being in conflict with existing laws, furthering his façade of a republic. Without this relationship with the senate, it would have been much more difficult for Augustus to implement changes without disrupting social order.
lol wtf m8

Thief

!!
HSC
Well evaluate means to make a judgement. I know nothing about your topic but surely you have some information on their relationship through class? You could say that they had a positive influence on eachother, or a negative one.

Or that one had control over the other..

Although Nefertiti was not Akhenaten´s only wife, she was clearly greatly loved by the Pharaoh, and seems to have been given a very prominent role in the religious and political life of Egypt. Akhenaten is regularly depicted displaying affection for Nefertiti and her daughters in a unrestrained show of emotion which is pretty much unique to Egyptian art.
http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/nefertiti.html#Relationship

A quick google search produced that, so I dont think itll be too hard. Just write out a quick draft and then refine it =) good luck!

The Matrix

HSC
:( no thanks for me, I tried to help with a full essay at least, should help ypu with the structure... I think.
Well, I suck at humanities, used to be really good at history in year 10, got 98 in SC :)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
:( no thanks for me, I tried to help with a full essay at least, should help ypu with the structure... I think.
Well, I suck at humanities, used to be really good at history in year 10, got 98 in SC :)
strong hubris/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)