Akhenaten (1 Viewer)

LHRH

HSC
How easy was the Akhenaten section

Akhenaten was the best section ever. They were practically the exact same question that i had in the trial. It was great they were totally easy.......

J e S s

HSC
How do you think you went with the Akhenaten question?

I don't think I did very well with the Nefertiti question (damn!) but I think I went ok with the religious reforms.. i dont think i assessed or evaluated enough though..

LHRH

HSC
those were great questions. Best part of the exam

sly_skittle

HSC
i thought that the questions were pretty easy, but i didn't really like the Nefertiti questions- all i put was that orginally she was depicted as smaller than Akhenaten in tomb reliefs but after the birth of her first daughter Meritaten she was depicted as his equal in domestic, religious and political life.
Then i talked about reliefs showing her smitting egypts enemies, worshipping the aten by herself, the bust of nefertiti and how her name was written in a double cartouche, traditionally only reserved for the royal god a.k.a pharaoh. I also wrote about how the images of her, Akhenaten and the Aten represented a divine traid and therefore she also played a role in legitimising the new religion
- i don't know if that was enough information though. What did you put?

LHRH

HSC
i wrote about her at karnak and then at Aketaten and showed how she played a greater political and religious role than other 18th dynasty queen consorts...i wrote about 4 pages i think

Ennaoj

HSC
I wrote pretty much the same as Sly_skittle.
I talked about how she was different to the other queens and about how she was loved by akhenaten. Umm how she was positioned as an equal size and on the throne with Him, talked about how she was depicted in the initimate family scenes with him, talked about the speculation of co regency and smekhare, as well as smitting enemies and punishments etc.

Don't know whether it's enough but o well

Last edited:

ScottyGEE

HSC
The thing is, I knew alot of the information about Nefertiti, generally I mean...And because of that and no further looking into it, I didn't have any sources...When I referred to he depictions with the double cartouche, I didn't know where it came from....Not that I mentioned it but I could be marked down to something like 4 even if it was worth 8 marks because I didn't included sources...
Although I did constantly evaluate and stuff...Using those modern historians to back up what I was saying was good and bad...

Kell.xox

HSC
Re: How easy was the Akhenaten section

yeah my entire eam was the same as my trial i thought it was some sort of joke. i re read the front cover about 5 times to check i had the write paper it was the best day EVER...EVER!!

jesuschrist

HSC
i though they were both really good

HEAPS to talk about with nefertiti political role, religious role, depictions of the family, the debate over co regency and who smenkhare was, temples at karnak wow...so good had a few issues remebering WHERE she was depicted but i dont reckon well lose to many marks for that. I couldnt remeber where the reliefs were or my quotes from historians, so i just kinda made up both lol

and the religious reforms. :) yay i cannot think of anything better to talk about...i mean thats probably the only reason we even study him :) that and he was funny lookin

yay
i wrote way too much on this one...didnt leave my self enough time to do the period properly. ...oh well....ya win some ya lose some :)

did any one else in here do AIII-->RII as their period?

anywho
hope it all went well for you :)

mimi26

HSC
hey hey this is to JESYSCHRIST...

i did the same period from AIII to RII!!! Which one did you pick?? i did section (b) because i had no clue about Set I!!!!!

so-nee-a

HSC
mimi26 said:
hey hey this is to JESYSCHRIST...

i did the same period from AIII to RII!!! Which one did you pick?? i did section (b) because i had no clue about Set I!!!!!
lmaoooo i was hoping to GOD they did SETI! i didn't bother with foreign policies.. but i was pretty lucky picking the guy.. i was almost certain they would have R2 miliary.. but i guess they didn't this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)