• Officeworks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aldi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nic50

HSC
so I am currently in the middle of the interview processes at both aldi and officeworks, and was wondering peoples opinions on who i should choose if i managed to get to the end of both processes? i think i'd prefer OW for the actual store, jobs to do and etc, but i know aldi will pay much better, although i know they also make u work for it and its a lot more difficult that officeworks would be...opinions?

mrajdadas

HSC
I've been trying get a job at aldis for ages, i can't even get an interview :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
depends what's more important to you

money = aldi

working conditions = officeworks

this is all speculation since I have never worked for either company.

I don't think aldi would really be all *that* bad except I think they want you to have pretty much 24/7 availability. But you'd know that since you applied. So eh.

nic50

HSC
Just to note to everyone, I did the group interview for Aldi which was basically a tour of the store and explaination on how they run things and then a short one on one questionairre thing. After hearing how they run things I don't think It's my line of work, its very strict and nazi like (considering its a german-created company and all, lol)

Anyway, OW decided to hire me so that's where I went. Only had a couple shifts but don't mind it at all. Aldi would only suit a small percentage of people I think.....I know I certainly wouldnt like working there myself.

mrajdadas

HSC
How'd you apply for aldi? online right?
Well i was thinking working at aldi
I've been working for bigw for like 3 months, it isn't long but its a new store that i work at and there cutting down everyones shifts and etc blah blah and i'm not happy about that, so i wanan try find a better job, even though bigw was my first job, but i've learnt heaps and know how to do so much more!

And how'd you apply for office works?

Thanks!

nic50

HSC
Yes, aldi is apply online via their smarter careers website, you can only apply for positions if they are listed for your specific store though, not like everywhere else where you hand in your resume and they keep it till they need someone. as for officeworks you have to go to their website and download/print the pdf application form (one page) fill it out and take both the form and a copy of your resume into the store you wish to work at. then they keep it for 3 months and if they dont call you in the three months then you just apply again pretty much :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)