Aldosterone, ADH and decrease in blood volume??!? (1 Viewer)

SunnyScience

HSC
In terms of biology,
Aldosterone is the hormone that is released to bring about salt retention within our body and, in particularly, the mammalian kidney.
The hormones release is stimulated by a decrease in the concentration of sodium ions (salt) (which makes sense, since, in this case, we need more salt, which is what the hormone brings about). However, this decrease in the concentration of sodium ions in the blood decreases the blood volume.
For ADH (the hormoe that brings about water reabsorption within the body), its released is stimulated when a mammal dehydrates, their blood volume decrease which is detected in the brain etc etc and the hormone is released.

Why does this decrease in blood volume occur?!?! i just don't get it. Would someone please explain it to me. Please and Thank you :)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Correct me if I am wrong but...
High solute concentration would cause a lot of water to move into that area by osmosis to even out the concentration, right? So if there's a decrease in sodium ions, less water will diffuse in by osmosis, and less water means less blood volume.

Aysce

HSC
Correct me if I am wrong but...
High solute concentration would cause a lot of water to move into that area by osmosis to even out the concentration, right? So if there's a decrease in sodium ions, less water will diffuse in by osmosis, and less water means less blood volume.
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)