alienware laptops? (1 Viewer)

sinist4

HSC
hey anyone know where i can get a alienware laptop from around sydney... which shops have them?
thanx :)

Mattius

HSC
err you cant go to a shop and just buy them.

You have to order them over the internet or phone, it's like Falcon Norhtwest. Go to their website. You'll get a $99 delivery fee i think.

Enjoy your new lapo.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
It really comes down to what exactly you want. If you want fast performance alone, you're better off building it yourself. If you want the prestige associated, then there is no better builder than Alienware (well, at least in Australia).

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
if you have a clue about hardware and dont like wasting hundreds of dollars then build it yourself.

if your loaded and you like nice shiny cases then go alienware.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I think they're overpriced gunk. And I even disagree with the 'prestige' factor.. most hardware enthusiasts would laugh at you for boasting about a high-end Alienware system. I'm not talking about quality though, I'm sure the build quality would be pretty top notch (and you'd certainly hope so for the amount of money you'd need to pour in to get a decent system off those guys).

Highwayman: If you really can't be arsed building your own PC, then by all means purchase an Alienware. But realise that you're absolutely throwing away money there compared to if you build the system yourself.

JTN

HSC
I reckon your better off buying a pre-made laptops from a big brand company, but if your getting a desktop definetly build it yourself, you'll get a much better system.

I recommend getting a ASUS laptop, they seem to have pretty good build quality, unless you want to play games on your latop and/or your loaded then go ahead, get the alienware one.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Collin said:
I think they're overpriced gunk. And I even disagree with the 'prestige' factor.. most hardware enthusiasts would laugh at you for boasting about a high-end Alienware system. I'm not talking about quality though, I'm sure the build quality would be pretty top notch (and you'd certainly hope so for the amount of money you'd need to pour in to get a decent system off those guys).
There's nothing quite like an Alienware laptop though.

But I like the Dell 9400 better. Discreet performance with Merom and 7900. I personally dislike the showing off factor.

And yes, the build quality is amazing. Everything is so tidy in one of those boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)