Alignment, scaling and ATAR (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello guys!
What are your thoughts on the alignment database?
I do phys, chem and bio and the band 6 cut offs are unbelievable in my opinion, are they real?
the physics b6 cut off is about mid 70s, chemistry is low 70s and biology is high 70s, low 80s!
Can we expect similar cut offs this year? I looked at older years and the slightly change, about +/-5.

When I'm estimating my ATAR using the calculator, do I put in my aligned mark or my raw mark, and which atar calculator is the best to use?

Thanks in advance for all replies!

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
They are legit
You can expect them to be similar
You put in your aligned marks
I like the Matrix calc

Candidate

HSC
Hello guys!
What are your thoughts on the alignment database?
I do phys, chem and bio and the band 6 cut offs are unbelievable in my opinion, are they real?
the physics b6 cut off is about mid 70s, chemistry is low 70s and biology is high 70s, low 80s!
Can we expect similar cut offs this year? I looked at older years and the slightly change, about +/-5.

When I'm estimating my ATAR using the calculator, do I put in my aligned mark or my raw mark, and which atar calculator is the best to use?

Thanks in advance for all replies!
Keep in mind that although those cut offs appear really easy to achieve, marking in the sciences is quite draconian and it is still hard to achieve that b6. My Bio teacher is one of the HSC markers and has been a head marker in the past, and she is ruthless.

Yeah i think you put in aligned marks.

HSC
Keep in mind that although those cut offs appear really easy to achieve, marking in the sciences is quite draconian and it is still hard to achieve that b6. My Bio teacher is one of the HSC markers and has been a head marker in the past, and she is ruthless.

Yeah i think you put in aligned marks.
I've heard a lot about the way they mark, some people say "they try to give you as many marks as possible" and others say "they mark like they've just gotten a divorce". I came to a conclusion that they mark fair, not too hard and not too easily where they hand marks like lollies on Halloween.

Look at this website, and the marks given to sample responses by HSC markers! : http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/hsc/std-packs/

Excuse the jokes, I feel good today :D lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)