• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

All About UOW (Wollongong Uni) (1 Viewer)

Ninga

HSC
Its an awesome uni. Amazing campus, i think i've said this before, but i'll say it again, where else can u chase rabbits and feed ducks wasabi during your lunch break? Believe you me, that shit happens.

Jim - The physics dept has been in engineering for ages. The VC is trying to hide us. But we shall not die. We will not go quiet into the night :) Best thing about physics is the small class sizes, its like 1 lecturer, 10 students, though in the last 2 years physics enrolments skyrocketed. But, meh, i get the good stuff :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Ninga
Its an awesome uni. Amazing campus, i think i've said this before, but i'll say it again, where else can u chase rabbits and feed ducks wasabi during your lunch break? Believe you me, that shit happens.

Jim - The physics dept has been in engineering for ages. The VC is trying to hide us. But we shall not die. We will not go quiet into the night :) Best thing about physics is the small class sizes, its like 1 lecturer, 10 students, though in the last 2 years physics enrolments skyrocketed. But, meh, i get the good stuff :)

btw, my name is john, i don't know where jim came from....

the physics dept did lay off alot of ppl...

my firend's dad used to work at uow untill he moved to usa

suz

HSC
uow is fab!!!
I'm so glad I'm studying there
we gotta love santa for starting this thread ;)

santaslayer

HSC

Ninga actually sounds intelligent for once! :rofl:

Ninga

HSC
I am intelligient u fuckhead.

JM - John Mu? I know you. I remember you would be more correct.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Santa, UOW has had communications degrees for a few years now. They only introduced communications double degrees this year.

You can see it is a inferior communications degree by looking at the course structure and content. However, I'm not saying it is bad (it was one of my preferences).... just not as good as UTS/CSU Bathurst..... but they have had a long time to develop theirs and their reputation is well established in the industry.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I don't think I really have to say anything about UOW because the way Santa is posting, the quote in his sig is more than putting my message of how I feel about the uni :D :D

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I am intelligient u fuckhead.

JM - John Mu? I know you. I remember you would be more correct.
no, its just that a lot of people have refered to me has jim and i was wondering where that coming from...

accutally i get it now, 'i' is really close to j and m

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by suz
uow is fab!!!
I'm so glad I'm studying there
we gotta love santa for starting this thread ;)
yeah, we need more people enrolling in UOW so they won't increase fees

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Santa, UOW has had communications degrees for a few years now. They only introduced communications double degrees this year.

You can see it is a inferior communications degree by looking at the course structure and content. However, I'm not saying it is bad (it was one of my preferences).... just not as good as UTS/CSU Bathurst..... but they have had a long time to develop theirs and their reputation is well established in the industry.
1) I stand corrected :p

2) Maybe, I cant say anything at this stage for Communications in depth but i promise you, like i promised the UOW Arts students, that I'll look into the course in my spare time and find just how good UOW's Communication courses are! :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Raiks
I don't think I really have to say anything about UOW because the way Santa is posting, the quote in his sig is more than putting my message of how I feel about the uni :D :D
:uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Look everyone! Look at my sig!~:p

MoNNiE

HSC
lol @ thread

santa.. your deeply passionate about your uni!
you should be A spokesperson on behalf of UOW :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by spark
Why settle for shitholes when you can go to Wollongong. :)
:uhhuh:/.....That is exactly what i ask my friends at other inferior unis :p :p :p
j/k.....(well...not really :D)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Why UOW is good:
UniMovies ($3.50 for two movies)
Library (It has more books than USYD or the SL for my ExtHist project)

That's about it.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
John, I wouldn't say UoW's Computer Science department is bad (hereon known as SITACS).

I'm doing a compsci degree at UoW and I happen to like my subjects. Sure CSCI103 can be boring, but we've really got into the interesting stuff now.

Also, I love CSCI114. Willy is a legend, Win is cool (she's really nice and approachable), Igor is funny (even when he tries not to be).

People complain that Win was too hard to understand. So they left. Their problem. I understood everything she said.

In my opinion SITACS is doing a bang up job with ITACS degrees. Definately comparable to other universities.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by poloktim
John, I wouldn't say UoW's Computer Science department is bad (hereon known as SITACS).

I'm doing a compsci degree at UoW and I happen to like my subjects. Sure CSCI103 can be boring, but we've really got into the interesting stuff now.

Also, I love CSCI114. Willy is a legend, Win is cool (she's really nice and approachable), Igor is funny (even when he tries not to be).

People complain that Win was too hard to understand. So they left. Their problem. I understood everything she said.

In my opinion SITACS is doing a bang up job with ITACS degrees. Definately comparable to other universities.
acctually computer science isn't that bad.

you will see the badness if you do information systems and things like that, lol

my dad is academic at uni, if he doesn't think much of the restructuring you know its bad, don't say he said that though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)