All about Usyd (1 Viewer)

Elitewolf

HSC
N/A
Greetings from the other side of the sea!

I'm finishing my studies in Physics at the University of Chile, in Santiago de Chile, and I'm looking for a good place abroad to follow my PhD.

Acadamically, the University of Chile is a great University (It is the best university in my country), but social life here is awful :mad1:. Uchile's faculties are spread all over the city, and my campus has only the carreers of Engineering and Sciences: less than 25% of the students are women, and they are not precisely pretty :(

Academic excellence is very important, but social and healthy life too. I'm looking for a place where I can have both of them: learn and study a lot, meet fun and kind people, go parties and practice martial arts.

I have heard a lot about Australia and the University of Sydney and it seems it's the place for me. ¿What do you thing? ¿What about the chicks :rolleyes:?

Hoping you to be able to understand my rustic english,

Wolf.

Have a nice day!

Grape juice

HSC
Greetings from the other side of the sea!

I'm finishing my studies in Physics at the University of Chile, in Santiago de Chile, and I'm looking for a good place abroad to follow my PhD.

Acadamically, the University of Chile is a great University (It is the best university in my country), but social life here is awful :mad1:. Uchile's faculties are spread all over the city, and my campus has only the carreers of Engineering and Sciences: less than 25% of the students are women, and they are not precisely pretty :(

Academic excellence is very important, but social and healthy life too. I'm looking for a place where I can have both of them: learn and study a lot, meet fun and kind people, go parties and practice martial arts.

I have heard a lot about Australia and the University of Sydney and it seems it's the place for me. ¿What do you thing? ¿What about the chicks :rolleyes:?

Hoping you to be able to understand my rustic english,

Wolf.

Have a nice day!
if you're doing postgrad stuff, i assume that the uni pays for your studies/continuity.
Honestly, i'd rather you apply for MIT, Princeton, Caltech for physics. But if you're set straight for australian universities, UNSW is better in sci/eng (which applies for physics as well) as compared to usyd (at least for postgrad - from what i heard).

The usyd physics department isnt big, and the theoretical physics department is crappy small. They dont offer theoretical research/ studies in String theory, LQG, QCD, cosmo, Field theory. (that's if you're interested in these)

There's perhaps just a few staff heading the theoretical Quantum computing area, and theoretical astrophys. And thats about it.

But if you're into other stuff like HE phys, plasma, CM, and optics, then it is considerably ok.

Last edited:

Elitewolf

HSC
N/A
Honestly, i'd rather you apply for MIT, Princeton, Caltech for physics.
USA is USA of course :headbang:. But PHD programs there are too long. You must take the GRE and pass a lot of undergrad courses (I mean, courses I have already passed. They ussually don't convalidate them: you have to pass them again) before starting your Thesis.

All right, then tell me all about UNSW, and about ANU too. :cool:

Errrr... Has somebody ever watched The Big Bang Theory?

Guys, I don't wanna finish so.

Anyway, thank you everybody!

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
unsw is where all the asians go because nobody likes them
you're from chile, and chileans are alright so you can come to usyd

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
unsw is where all the asians go because nobody likes them
you're from chile, and chileans are alright so you can come to usyd
this.

latinos = hot

therefore you can come to usyd :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)