All history extensioners!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Cowbell

HSC
Why would you bother posting on this thread if you're just going to be patronising? Do you honestly have nothing better to do than to look tough, hidden behind your computer screen?

So really, you want to belittle someone (or in this case a group of individuals) out of boredom and you decide to do it because of their HSC subjects? I mean wow, you DEFINITELY have your priorities straight.

You make no sense... School does interest me.. Hence I wouldn't drop out... Honestly, what the fuck are you on about?

Get a fucking life, douchebag.
"You make no sense"
I know it doesn't make sense to you, didn't you read my post? It says clearly that logic doesn't apply to people that do extension history.

I'll try make it simple for you. According to the first post I replied to, you don't care about the greater outcomes of studying a subject, simply how interesting it is to you to study that subject. If this is the case, then the NSW education system is definitely not what you're looking for. You'd be looking more towards getting out into the world and finding something more interesting than the bullshit they are making us rote learn at school these days (which really wouldn't be hard). Hence, you would be looking at dropping out (because you "don't care about scaling and it does scale well because I enjoy it" or whatever you said, which made no sense anyway but I can deal with that.

As to why I posted in this thread in the first place, I think it was the same reason most people "bully" others on instinctive drive. If I think you are not contributing to my selfish ideal society, my instinct tells me (subconsciously, mind you, though almost everything we do is subconscious but I won't go into that right now, thats another issue for another time) to break your self esteem in order to either a) make you challenge me so that either I influence you and bring you around, b) you influence me and bring me around, or c) you have such a badly broken esteem that you become socially disabled and aren't able to breed and pollute our human gene pool. This is basic human behavior, I thought most people knew this and would understand why I "belittle these individuals", though I guess that this kind of thinking is above the head of most Extension History-ers.

I seem to have strayed from my original path, but the moral of the story is you're wrong and you'll probably never figure that out and simply live your life in an aura of dumbness in this sadly increasingly tolerant society.

Rant Out.

tom_swell

HSC
Names Tom
my question is: What role did Bobby Sands play on the Irish Republican Movement

lungs70

HSC
Names Tom
my question is: What role did Bobby Sands play on the Irish Republican Movement
Could work well but the alleged Protestant/Catholic divide could result in a very narrow piece.

lungs70

HSC
enjoy your subject with the shittiest work:scaling ratio of all.

moar like extension failstory amirite?!?
If you work smart this subject has the greatest work:scaling ratio.

I never knew the events of the Crusades, it bored me to death and I didn't have the time to waste either. I was behind the whole class in the readings but I read a few chapters of the Warren text and listened in class.

Matt2233

HSC
"You make no sense"
I know it doesn't make sense to you, didn't you read my post? It says clearly that logic doesn't apply to people that do extension history.

I'll try make it simple for you. According to the first post I replied to, you don't care about the greater outcomes of studying a subject, simply how interesting it is to you to study that subject. If this is the case, then the NSW education system is definitely not what you're looking for. You'd be looking more towards getting out into the world and finding something more interesting than the bullshit they are making us rote learn at school these days (which really wouldn't be hard). Hence, you would be looking at dropping out (because you "don't care about scaling and it does scale well because I enjoy it" or whatever you said, which made no sense anyway but I can deal with that.

As to why I posted in this thread in the first place, I think it was the same reason most people "bully" others on instinctive drive. If I think you are not contributing to my selfish ideal society, my instinct tells me (subconsciously, mind you, though almost everything we do is subconscious but I won't go into that right now, thats another issue for another time) to break your self esteem in order to either a) make you challenge me so that either I influence you and bring you around, b) you influence me and bring me around, or c) you have such a badly broken esteem that you become socially disabled and aren't able to breed and pollute our human gene pool. This is basic human behavior, I thought most people knew this and would understand why I "belittle these individuals", though I guess that this kind of thinking is above the head of most Extension History-ers.

I seem to have strayed from my original path, but the moral of the story is you're wrong and you'll probably never figure that out and simply live your life in an aura of dumbness in this sadly increasingly tolerant society.

Rant Out.

If you knew anything about history extension, you would know logic is required to excel in it.

Your a terrible troll, go back to your bridge.

smsoulz

HSC
"Hey My names Simpson : Nick Name Simmy
I go to Marist College Kogarah
I do ancient history so therefore i like ancient MORE BUAHHAHAHHA :apig::apig::apig::apig::apig:

Well basically my question is " How has the nationalistic perspectives shape the historiographical debate regarding the extent of the Massacre of Nanjing?"

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
hellloooo fellow historians!
not many people on here do ext history (its mostly 5 million unit maths and physics hahah), so i figured we should make our own little groupie

so post here if youd like to make some friends and just keep each other motivated getting through this crapola-load of work!! plus we can share notes/ideas/be each others sounding boards

so, just a few questions to get the ball rolling...

1. name, school
2. any favouritism between modern or ancient?
3. have you finalised your question? if so, what is it?

my name is georgia, i go to st andrews, and alhtough i enjoy modern i slightly prefer ancient. my question isn't 100% in stone, but at the moment it's something along the lines of...

"to what extent were external parties such as colonial belgians, the western countries and the catholic church each responsible for the 1994 rwandan genocide?"
or, if that proves to be too specific, jsut what were the general causes and motives behind the genocide

i hope someone actually replies... hahah
peace!
OMG....I think I know you....at least I should, I'm pretty sure we were in textiles in year 10 with Ms Bailey together....its Stef, that guy who did jackall in textiles and fell asleep all the time and was always talking with Sabina and Arielle? XD How you doing?..if you're not the Georgia I'm thinking of, I apoligize lol.

Anywho, history extension....I winded up doing pathways, so I'm not starting until next year but I definetly want to study the Animal Liberation Movement's impact on animal welfare/cruelty laws particularly on animal testing, probably will be focusing on the laws in Europe as opposed to US as I believe in the UK they've banned products tested on animals already or are in the process of doing so....although there is a lot of meaty information with animal testing/experiments in the US, like with that psychologist Harry Frederick Harlow.....you know, this bastard did the cruelest experiments the babies of rhesus monkeys, separating them from their mothers AS BABIES...I recall one of the experiments involved the baby monkeys holding on to this doll even though it harmed them, I can't remember how they were harmed I think it exploded or something but anyway...they continued to hold on the doll despite this because these monkeys believed the doll was their mother! He'd also isolate three month old monkeys into a small chamber, deliberately attempting to make these monkeys depressed......sorry, I went on a rant there but gahhh just knowing this happened makes me so angry and even angrier that not many people know about it!

suling

HSC
Proposal due Monday! Anyone else got theirs due soon, or handed it in already?

Cowbell

HSC
If you knew anything about history extension, you would know logic is required to excel in it.

Your a terrible troll, go back to your bridge.
I love the way you back up your arguments with valid points that support them.
Not really, though. You don't. Maybe you should learn to, It will help you to conversation in real life. People might even think that you possess any amount of substance, which, it appears, you currently do not.

lungs70

HSC
"Hey My names Simpson : Nick Name Simmy
I go to Marist College Kogarah
I do ancient history so therefore i like ancient MORE BUAHHAHAHHA :apig::apig::apig::apig::apig:

Well basically my question is " How has the nationalistic perspectives shape the historiographical debate regarding the extent of the Massacre of Nanjing?"
Good luck finding historical texts translated into English for that.

Yet the unfortunate thing is that if you do find sufficient resources the issues boil down the sheer nationalism - a narrow essay.

tom_swell

HSC
Wow, that seems cool. Although, I know the modern syllabus is close to it, but I'm sure youve checked that out. =]
yer i was gonna try the military strategy but decide don this as it was furhter away from the syllabus. My teacher doesn't seem to care if its close to the syllabus cos i don't do modern history but im looking forward to the essay should be pretty interesting

Activate

HSC
Proposal due Monday! Anyone else got theirs due soon, or handed it in already?
Mine is also due tomorrow :(

My question revolves around Hannibal and his role in the fall of Carthage.

Last edited:

smsoulz

HSC
Dude, i've already got more than 30 resources state library alone and plus, it wont be a narrow essay because i have 5 different points i can look at.

The Post war treatment in C/J . <--- comparing both sides
Debatable Issues
Japan's Role Now <----- universal view inc. C/J
Attempts to Downplay
Nature of the massacre

Those alone it wont be a narrow essay.

Good luck finding historical texts translated into English for that.

Yet the unfortunate thing is that if you do find sufficient resources the issues boil down the sheer nationalism - a narrow essay.

xdesires

HSC
1. Name's Angel. ^__^
2. I only do Ancient but I do not mind either. :)
3. Unfortunately, I have not finalised my final question. But it will be something along the lines of: 'Analyse the motives /reasons behind the representations of Cleopatra'

Our proposal was due in Week 1. So yes, I have handed it in. Got full marks. =) But so did a lot of people, so it's not anything spectacular~

Good luck to everyone else on their proposals/project! :D

How much research have you guys done?~

georgia-ellen

HSC
OMG....I think I know you....at least I should, I'm pretty sure we were in textiles in year 10 with Ms Bailey together....its Stef, that guy who did jackall in textiles and fell asleep all the time and was always talking with Sabina and Arielle? XD How you doing?..if you're not the Georgia I'm thinking of, I apoligize lol.

Anywho, history extension....I winded up doing pathways, so I'm not starting until next year but I definetly want to study the Animal Liberation Movement's impact on animal welfare/cruelty laws particularly on animal testing, probably will be focusing on the laws in Europe as opposed to US as I believe in the UK they've banned products tested on animals already or are in the process of doing so....although there is a lot of meaty information with animal testing/experiments in the US, like with that psychologist Harry Frederick Harlow.....you know, this bastard did the cruelest experiments the babies of rhesus monkeys, separating them from their mothers AS BABIES...I recall one of the experiments involved the baby monkeys holding on to this doll even though it harmed them, I can't remember how they were harmed I think it exploded or something but anyway...they continued to hold on the doll despite this because these monkeys believed the doll was their mother! He'd also isolate three month old monkeys into a small chamber, deliberately attempting to make these monkeys depressed......sorry, I went on a rant there but gahhh just knowing this happened makes me so angry and even angrier that not many people know about it!

Yes of course I remember you! Where are you at school now?
Yeah defs sounds like a good idea, very interesting. Just find some historians or people with certain opinions to back it up.

As far as proposals go to everyone else talking about it: yea we did ours heaps early... like week 5 last year or something in term 4. No one had ANY idea what we were writing though!

Matt2233

HSC
I love the way you back up your arguments with valid points that support them.
Not really, though. You don't. Maybe you should learn to, It will help you to conversation in real life. People might even think that you possess any amount of substance, which, it appears, you currently do not.
Or maybe i have better things to do with my time then write an essay to you to 'enlighten' you on something that is rather obvious.

To do well in Hist.X, you need to logically analyse a historian's context in order to figure out what their purpose is and how this effects their history.

Do you even do the subject? I'm willing to bet your just another egotistical jerks who thinks their better then all the humanities kids cause you do 4 unit math and other 'harder subjects'.

Last edited:

Freak-Luce

HSC
Hey!
Im Lucy
I go to Westport High School.
My favs Ancient history
I do both ancient and modern though.
Im thinking of doing my question on Hitlers Psyche.
for example a question based on
'What in Hitlers mind or personality caused him to do what he did?'
Dont know if im fully understanding the different Schools of history
yet but my teacher fails and doesnt even help us.
also only 2 of us in our class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)