all school duxs have a guarenteed position in sydney uni (1 Viewer)

Bongos

HSC
As a UTS student I agree. They're big on advertising, though not as much as UWS. I've been seeing Macq increasingly too

teridax

HSC
N/A
tbh, this is just an elitist move

milkytea99

HSC
Does anyone know what is the cut off for law if you're nominated for the usyd dux scheme?

Last edited:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
If lets say you get a dux with 92 atar. And you want to get into physiotherapy (98-99 cut off),does hat guarantee you in?

spatula232

HSC
If lets say you get a dux with 92 atar. And you want to get into physiotherapy (98-99 cut off),does hat guarantee you in?
Yeah, even if your ATAR is below the cut-off you are guaranteed a spot

Last edited:

axwe7

HSC
N/A
fk i used to go to a school rank 600+ before lel shoulda stayed haha. JK
Does this mean if you go to a super shit school and are DUX you get into USYD regardless of atar?
In the article, it says that;

"The university will offer a spot to the top Year 12 student at each school in the state, based on their trial HSC marks and the recommendation of their school, before students sit the final exams late in the year."

So yeah...it pretty much delineates the fact that they don't offer a place to EVERY dux.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest USYD spends too much money on the wrong priorities. They apparently use the funds they have collected from current students and spend it more on advertising and attracting new, potential students rather than on improving its facilities.
Perhaps but I have to say, by international standards, USyd's teaching facilities are among the highest level in the world. I know for sure that it shits all over UW-Madison, by far.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
My school calculates DUX before exams via a kind of point system. 3 points for when you get 1st place, 2 points for 2nd and 1 point for 3rd.
E.g, in year 10 I came first in 5 subjects and my other friend came first in 3 or 4, but for math i got like 60% lol whereas the subjects she didn't come 1st in, she got 2nd or 3rd so she got it. DUX is always announced at our awards night which is early December, before the Yr 12s would have their results so it's just based on your internal report card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)