alot of questions (1 Viewer)

what's the big difference between function and procedure?

whats het difference between stepwise refinement and top down design?

Dan_the_man

1) Function takes an input and returns an output
Procedures only have inputs and another variable needs to be declared to give an output.... something like that anyway

2) I forget :rolleyes:

SamD

HSC
N/A
Stepwise refinement and top down design are pretty similar. My interpretation is that by using stepwise refinement you will end up with a top down design.

Steveo

stepwise refinement IS top down design isn't it?

they both break the problem down into modules and solve it using the structured (or waterfall) approach

SamD

HSC
N/A
Stepwise refinement and top-down design as you say are very similiar.

However it is NOT true that they are only used in the structured or waterfall SW dev approach.

chanfky

can someone tell me what's the difference between encapsulation & abstraction?? :confused:

encapsulation is a concept of putting related methods and properties in to a class. Its process are hidden from the users or developers.

abstraction actually hides some of the methods and properties used in a class. It is a way to present a class in a simpler and generic way. this is very tightly related to inheritance and polymorphism.

u can normally abstract a class by polymorphing it into its parent class. lol this might get u confused :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)