ALP Leadership election 2013 (No. 3) (1 Viewer)

Who should lead Labor?

• Bill Shorten

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Anthony Albanese

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Interesting. I reckon Albo will win as he is more in favour with Labor party members.

Why is Bowen acting leader? I thought Wong would have been given she is/was the senate leader?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting. I reckon Albo will win as he is more in favour with Labor party members.

Why is Bowen acting leader? I thought Wong would have been given she is/was the senate leader?
Acting leader has to be from the House of Reps apparently.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Albanese seems to be an inherently more likable person.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon albo is better to rebuild the party but that it will be shorten who will actually win them an election

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I reckon albo is better to rebuild the party but that it will be shorten who will actually win them an election
Albo is better in all aspects. Shorten can't win an election in my opinion given his baggage.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
But Shorten can't be trusted, and people know that now... That's hardly inspiring of an election win.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
But Shorten can't be trusted, and people know that now... That's hardly inspiring of an election win.
Surely that's a reason to elect him leader. He won't be able to stab himself in the back.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Surely that's a reason to elect him leader. He won't be able to stab himself in the back.
I was semi-thinking that.

Like, he will still control a small faction of the party no matter who is leader, so maybe it's better if it's him, BUT I don't think the ~people~ can trust him, and it's all about the people.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
People have short memories Re:Shorten, and if Tony Abbot has proved anything it's that with the right campaign, nobody is unelectable

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
People have short memories Re:Shorten, and if Tony Abbot has proved anything it's that with the right campaign, nobody is unelectable
they just need the libs to shoot themselves in the foot

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
All the Libs have to do in the next campaign is to link Shorten with Gillard/Rudd, and Shorten is done for (assuming he is leader).

Anything with Rudd/Gillard is toxic. Labor should draw a line in the sand and move on from them. Shorten can't be leader because of his intimate involvement with the Rudd/Gillard disaster.

Shorten is also less popular with the electorate than Albanese.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
All the Libs have to do in the next campaign is to link Shorten with Gillard/Rudd, and Shorten is done for (assuming he is leader).

Anything with Rudd/Gillard is toxic. Labor should draw a line in the sand and move on from them. Shorten can't be leader because of his intimate involvement with the Rudd/Gillard disaster.

Shorten is also less popular with the electorate than Albanese.
You're a liberal voter, of course you don't like Rudd or Gillard, your opinion is worthless on this matter

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You're a liberal voter, of course you don't like Rudd or Gillard, your opinion is worthless on this matter
Even for a troll account I thought his point was pretty valid and might reflect how people view Labor. That being said, who will really care since they'll be in opposition?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I've voted Labor more than I've voted Liberal. I voted for Rudd in 2007 and Gillard in 2010. So my opinion is important. Unless Abbott is an absolute disaster I wouldn't vote for Shorten.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)