• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Already done an atar estimate mate wants one (1 Viewer)

Solarised

HSC
Goes to a school ranked in the 300s here are his marks

English Advanced 15/83 people 72/100 10 b6
Maths Standard 5/88 80/100 3 b6
Geography 6/30 90/100 4 b5
Ancient History 10/33 82/100 5 b6
Business Studies 25/92 83.5/100 8b6
Modern History 2/23 88/100 3 b6
School gets like 40 B6s a year.

@jimmysmith560 my mate is kinda in a similar position to me previously and my atar prediction was 94 what do you think his is

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on this information, your friend's current performance seems consistent with an ATAR in the high 80s to low 90s range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 88.5 and 91.5.

Modern History is his best-performing subject, meaning that it is likely to make a positive contribution to his ATAR. As such, it is important to keep thoroughly preparing for it, allowing him to solidify his overall performance and maximise this subject's contribution to his ATAR.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent, regarding his position in Mathematics Standard and Geography. This means that both subjects are also likely to make a positive contribution to his ATAR at this stage, although there may be an opportunity to enhance that contribution through favourable HSC exam performance.

Your friend's performance in English Advanced, Ancient History and Business Studies is not unfavourable, though it is the lowest compared to the rest of his subjects. While he is taking 12 units, meaning that one of these lowest-performing subjects would not count towards his ATAR, this will not be the case for English Advanced, as it is the only subject that will always count. Of course, the best option would be to prepare for all subjects, though this may depend on the workload and your friend's ability to manage it. If not, he can simply disregard one of his lowest-performing subjects that is not English Advanced.

I hope this helps! :D

Solarised

HSC
Based on this information, your friend's current performance seems consistent with an ATAR in the high 80s to low 90s range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 88.5 and 91.5.

Modern History is his best-performing subject, meaning that it is likely to make a positive contribution to his ATAR. As such, it is important to keep thoroughly preparing for it, allowing him to solidify his overall performance and maximise this subject's contribution to his ATAR.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent, regarding his position in Mathematics Standard and Geography. This means that both subjects are also likely to make a positive contribution to his ATAR at this stage, although there may be an opportunity to enhance that contribution through favourable HSC exam performance.

Your friend's performance in English Advanced, Ancient History and Business Studies is not unfavourable, though it is the lowest compared to the rest of his subjects. While he is taking 12 units, meaning that one of these lowest-performing subjects would not count towards his ATAR, this will not be the case for English Advanced, as it is the only subject that will always count. Of course, the best option would be to prepare for all subjects, though this may depend on the workload and your friend's ability to manage it. If not, he can simply disregard one of his lowest-performing subjects that is not English Advanced.

I hope this helps! :D
Thanks jimmy he did not expect that lol, I predicted 84.5 for him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)