• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Already know their results... (1 Viewer)

HSC
superbird said:
hackers can do anything

He wasnt a fucking hacker.....just a really smart person who saw the 'exploit' in the way the page produced the results....So often people coin anyone who does anything outrageous with a computer a 'hacker', just like the news teams do. "The students obtained their results over something known as the 'Internet'

Sweet_Lemon said:
wat if they hacks ya result and alters it....tat's scary~~
They cant change, only read FFS

superbird

HSC
einsteinthe2nd said:
Have you ever heard of intelligent/smart people that can't be bothered?

He wasnt a fucking hacker.....just a really smart person who saw the 'exploit' in the way the page produced the results....So often people coin anyone who does anything outrageous with a computer a 'hacker', just like the news teams do. "The students obtained their results over something known as the 'Internet'"
Most, if not, all kids at Ruse are bothered, otherwise they wouldn't have been there in the first place!
Also I was referring to hackers in general and nowhere did I say that the person who accessed the BOS was a hacker.

LazyBoy

HSC
hehe i know how annoying it is calling the person a hacker. no hacking was involveed. phreaker possibly... i do suspect the culprate was on the inside or at least seen the actual code.

Lainee

HSC
superbird said:
actually for a kid who went to Ruse, I would've expected he performed better. His results were something in the 80's ey
Actually, for the UTS Accounting scholarship, they expect a UAI of around 95+.

HSC
Yes . Fucking Media.

"The student hacked his results by going across a technology known as the 'interweb'. John Moore joins us to discuss this new technology. The student then proceeded to create a 'home page' where he allowed fellow peers to obtain their results"

BTW I made that up, I just wasted 2 mins....wooh

LazyBoy

HSC
lol yeah its overated... media are vultures and making it sound like the 100 kids hacked into the system to get their results maliciously.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Tomorrow's news headlines:

From the Daily Telegraph: "NSW Gov't proposes 'bulldozing' the 'bogus' Bored of Studies"

From the Illawarra Mercury: "State's Education Minister proposes limiting the speed of internet connections for youth"

From the Newcastle Herald: "Andrew Refshauge - "Limit the amount of youth driving on the Information Super Highway"

From the Sydney Morning Herald: "HSC Students back to basics - Internet stricken from syllabus, results"

Alan Ramsey's column: "Internal Labor ruckus on HSC results scandal - how the left won" (with quotes)

budj

HSC
Ziff said:
Tomorrow's news headlines:

From the Daily Telegraph: "NSW Gov't proposes 'bulldozing' the 'bogus' Bored of Studies"

From the Illawarra Mercury: "State's Education Minister proposes limiting the speed of internet connections for youth"

From the Newcastle Herald: "Andrew Refshauge - "Limit the amount of youth driving on the Information Super Highway"

From the Sydney Morning Herald: "HSC Students back to basics - Internet stricken from syllabus, results"

Alan Ramsey's column: "Internal Labor ruckus on HSC results scandal - how the left won" (with quotes)
Rofl!!! Nice workbro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)