Alternatives to CFCs! (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
As part of an assignment I need to talk about CFC replacements and assess their effectiveness. I have hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) and hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs)... are there any other alternatives that I have missed? Does anyone have any good web sites for this particular dot point?

Thanks!!!

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i think they're the only ones...
for the assessment of their effectiveness, the OTEN notes are quite good

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
i think they're the only ones...
for the assessment of their effectiveness, the OTEN notes are quite good
from where cud i get these notes???

Jaded Member
HSC
Originally posted by elizabethy

from where cud i get these notes???
um..
I think the OTEN notes are meant for rural kids who don't have access to labs or even the required teachers, it's like a correspondence course... (pretty good bcoz they're notes for the whole syllabus)

our school just has them as master copies, then photocopies sections out to students. unfortunately i don't have a scanner... (srri, the only technology i can handle is the net... lol... i don't know how to do much more than that with computers)...

does anyone else have copies they can post up?

otherwise if u relly want them i can photocopy 4u, and send it snail mail or sumfin.......

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

um..
I think the OTEN notes are meant for rural kids who don't have access to labs or even the required teachers, it's like a correspondence course... (pretty good bcoz they're notes for the whole syllabus)

our school just has them as master copies, then photocopies sections out to students. unfortunately i don't have a scanner... (srri, the only technology i can handle is the net... lol... i don't know how to do much more than that with computers)...

does anyone else have copies they can post up?

otherwise if u relly want them i can photocopy 4u, and send it snail mail or sumfin.......
yeah i do really need them co'z my teacher is crap so i have to do everything on my own just like rural students......:p
so if u cud send them .....i m ready to pay!!
let me know...pls

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I have hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) and hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs)... are there any other alternatives that I have missed? Does anyone have any good web sites for this particular dot point?
*looks at deo can*
u forget that CFCs in spray cans have been replaced with hydrocarbons (namely butane and propane)...

and also, you might want to check out:
Charles Sturt University's HSC Help pages

Jaded Member
HSC
Originally posted by elizabethy

yeah i do really need them co'z my teacher is crap so i have to do everything on my own just like rural students......:p
so if u cud send them .....i m ready to pay!!
let me know...pls
email/pm me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)