Always run out of time in exams? Yeah... (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
2 hours, you're expect 12 A4 Pages, which is more than enough to get your point across. (2-3 for comprehnsion, split up the 2nd and third question).

treehat

HSC
Ah, I've always had exactly the same problem- for English I end up writing literally half the essay in a 45 minute test.. I'm talking one and a half pages at times haha , VERY embarrassing but I still somehow manage to get 75 % for that. The teacher told me that the only reason for this is that i'm trying to write a piece of professional writing in that time and that's obviously not the point of a test..
I only do this in English actually, and I try not to focus on the standard of wording and whatever, but usually I just can't escape it! It was better for the half yearly but i'm rather worried that I'll stuff up the final HSC exam because of this insanity, when my practise essays that I hand in invariably get 100%. It suckkss.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
urgh the HSC... of course it is in no way an adequate way of expressing the knowledge that a student may have after studying for 213981238 hours.. nor is it a measure of a students true writing skills etc.
however if one is to increase the time limit.. say double it.. then one could argue that even that is not enough time to provide an adequate measure..
Don't let it anger you/don't complain. just play the game... stick a rubber/battery on the end of ur pen throughout the year and take it off for exams.. you'll learn to write faster.

Evilo

HSC
midifile said:
. Then start doing practice essays under times conditions, but start with something like 1 hour and then decrease it to 40 minutes.
+1

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
I believe that all you need to do is make a sacrifice on the neatness quality of your handwriting and then you will have more time. For instance, I used to only be able to write 4 pages in 40 minutes, but by changing my writing style abit, I can now write 5.5 pages in the same amount of time.

Try it, it worked well for me.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Thats why its called an exam- to examine a candidates ability to maintain quality under pressure. Its not about recalling everything you know.That would be rather useless in a practical world. Thus, practically, the Board puts us under pressure and constrains the time and response criteria.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
If your English teacher is very thoughtful and shows determination for her/his students to achieve high marks in English like mine was, you could e-mail your compositions to your teacher for feedback, it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)