am i able to get 99+? (1 Viewer)

unmentionable

HSC
ok dunno where to post this sorry if its in the wrong spot =\

anyways im yr12 2004 and had first exam marks so its a bit early
but just wanted to kno wat to work for
hmmm i just wanted to kno if i can get a UAI of 99+ (maybe even 99.95 =\) with these sort of marks:

eco: 95-100 rank: top 5
ext 1 maths: 95-100 rank: top5
ext 2 maths: 90ish rank top5
physics: 90ish rank: 5-10
english: 75-80 rank: 60ish =\

hmm ok i kno thats vague but i just wanna kno if i haf a shot maybe
i go to st george girls btw

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
If you pull up the English marks to about 88+ (HSC standard), you can probably get in the 98's.

But I can't say for sure, it really depends on how hard the assessments were for those marks.

jpr333

HSC
Add Business Studies and take away 4 unit maths and i did the same subjects as you. My ranks were also similar, top3 busos ecos ans maths, 45th in english advanced however our school is very weak in this area and i got 98.1. Depends on the standard of your school/year tho i guess. Possible but hard I'd say

is a roflcopter
HSC
you would belt 99 with those ranks at st george

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i'd say so, depending how many ppl from ur school get band 6 for eng, but being a selective girls' school, i'd say quite a lot

i agree with everyone else, pull up eng, and i don't see why u wouldn't get 99+

wot course u want to do, btw?

unmentionable

HSC
oh thanks everyone
yea i need to go english tutoring >.< why cant they make it not compulsory grrrz >.<

im not sure wat want to do ahahha just wanna get a high uai so i can haf a choice at least but im thinking of doing actuarial studies
wats the uai for that for UNSW? i cant find it on the site =\

ps. im guessing the mark for phys cos i did crap for the first assesment because i didnt really work for it so im sure i can pull it up

pps. i dont like mr melville he talks too slow

Last edited:

fungusbeatle

holy shit... with those marks, you should be set for 99+. i'm from st george, class of 03 and trust me, those marks are so achievable with your ranks. just to let you know, people coming ~60 this year got a mark of 88 or so, even those who crammed the week before. and with your ranks you should definitely be getting in high 90s for your subjects.

so some advice from one st georgian to another.
1. Bother with journals for physics because they will pull down your mark if you suck. (also if you have mr marussich, put up with him because he does actually know what he's talking about). i would also advise you to do pre-marking, if it is reinstated
2. Don't stress too much about english- gazis has gone (finally), so just relax and leech off other students.
3. have confidence! these are my ranks and raw marks from yr 11 and what they correspond to in the hsc
eng adv 21/162 89=89
eng ext 1 37/79 42 (dropped it)
2u math 22/153 94=97
3u math 28/114 43=48
chem 9/100 78=94
phys 7/41 74=92
eco 4/77 91=96
=uai 99.6
this was with not much extra effort to what i did in year 11, thanks to the benefits of scaling and the innate st georgian skill of bullshitting. looks like for you +99 will be easy. therefore take it easy next year and harass mr howden for me.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
English is key. Stuff that up (get below about 85) and you can forget about 99+

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by fungusbeatle

2. Don't stress too much about english- gazis has gone (finally), so just relax and leech off other students.
hahah..... she was always late for our morning classes.. lyk once she was 20 minz late... and she is too busy to teach...

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
teacher late.... hmmm at most schools this is a regular occurance, most of my teachers were at least 10 mins late every period

unmentionable

HSC
haha thanks fungusbeatle

but yes as everyone else has sed i need to pull up my english =\

ahha i already stuffed up one journal T_T so now im doing etra work on them =P. But damn maruasich he wouldnt give us anymore pre-marking!!!! grrrr

and woah ur yr11 ranks are so similair to mine except for eng adv =P
thats cool gave me a confidence boost thanks =P

thanks for the info Constip8edSkunk

i-color

GO ST GEORGE GIRLS!!!!!! Yes...I'm obviously from St George as well. :D Don't fret too much about UAI for now...like seriously, it's REALLY unpredictable. I sooo did not expect to get what I got. I stuffed up almost every single exam in year 12 but still got UAI of 99.8 I think our school just works you really hard and sometimes you just don't know how good you are because everyone else around you is also really good. I think your marks are heaps good and I think if you keep up those rankings + marks you'd def get over 99. But don't be too overconfident :D

ECO IS THE BEST!!! Ms Sharp is the BEST....I came 6th in the state with another girl in my class and we're both in ms sharp's class....!!!!! What teacher do you have?

i-color

Also yeah definitely work on your English....good english mark = good UAI basically. No chance of getting a good UAI unless your english is good. Do you do standard or advanceD?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
hmmm hard to say, the guys who came first and second at sbhs for 02 both got 89's for english, though obviously they aced everything else, 99.95 and 99.9 respectively

unmentionable

HSC
heheh thanks i-colour congrats on ur uai and eco ranks =P
i haf Ms Brown i rkn shes alright not the best but still good =P
i do advanced i think i should of done standard but then i guess with a little more work (i basically didnt do anything for the last assesment) i could get better
and st george does rule =D

i-color

thanks unmentionable. :D yes st george girls rules!!!
mmm I had miss brown for legal studies. She's not too bad. You should just do advanced and stop listening to the english staff. Standard scales you down heaps. I got told to do standard cos I'm like either getting really good marks in english or really really crap. I never get in between. But i ended up getting band 6 for english advanced. So don't listen to them!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)