Am I allowed to use a year 10 text for HSC/Trials (Mod C) (1 Viewer)

AtarKing

HSC
I mean I can't contact my teacher because my teachers don't answer in the holidays, and I generally would be opposed to doing such anyway, as our english department in it's entirety is a begrudging bureaucratic mess - ran by a raging feminazi.

I do not believe it is outlined that you can't use year 10 texts, as we were doing english which is a completely different subject to English Advanced. I believe the only stipulation is that you don't use texts from the prescribed texts list? Idk but I don't want to get my mark reduced but I really want to do this text and not because I already have notes on it, but I believe it is fitting to people and landscapes.
(text is 'Into The Wild')

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You will definitely be able to use the text for your HSC.

I'd double check with your english department before using it for trials, but it should be fine.

Shuuya

HSC
From what I remember my teacher mentioning, we aren't allowed to use previously studied texts for the trials, but they're fine for HSC.

But of course, it's best to clarify with your teacher.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
there is no rule prohibiting any text as related . Go to BOSTES then to FAQ . you will find it addressed there

tigerian

HSC
N/A
BOSTES FAQ RELATED TEXTS
What are related texts?
Some modules in Stage 6 English courses require students to study texts of their own choosing, in addition to their prescribed texts. The study of these ‘related’ texts provides students with the opportunity to explore a wider variety of texts related to the particular module. Students draw their chosen texts from a variety of sources, in a range of genres and media.

How should related texts be selected?
In Stage 6 English courses, it is expected that students will take responsibility for the selection and study of related texts. While teachers may provide advice and guidance, student skills in independent analysis and investigation and their growing independence as learners will be strengthened through their own selection and study of related texts.

Can a text from the HSC Prescribed Texts list be used as a related text?
Students will not be disadvantaged by using a text from the Prescribed Texts list, provided it is relevant to the module/elective concerned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)