am i beyond help? please? (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
hi, i'm really worried about my uai... wondering what i'll get...
I go to a top 3 school, median uai last year was between 97 and 98 or something.

At the moment we don't know rankings... so i've given the averages...

English extension 1 and 2 marks are guesses because i don't have marks or averages.

English (advanced)
92%
average 84%

English Extension 1
85%
average around 80%

English Extension 2
90%
average around 85%

French continuers
73%
rank 4/5 (i know that one!!!)

Maths (advanced)
61%
average 74%

Maths extension 1
28/50
average 41/50

Chemistry
61%
average 74%

the SAM tells me i can get an 83 with those marks (not aligned). Would it be possible to get higher than that if i did well in the hsc??

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, now here are my trial results.... we still don't know our rankings cos the school won't tell us, not very nice...

English Advanced - 81% (argh!!! i just screwed up the only subject i was good at!!!)
English Extension 1 - 88%
2 unit Maths - 65%
3 unit maths - 34% (i know that this has been scaled to 28/50)
Chemistry - 53%
French - 73%

They will get scaled up too...
any ideas? thanks

Last edited:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
How about if i tell you candidature? does that help, like how many in our school are doing each subject?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
our school doens't give ranks so candidature is about the best i'm going to get...
english advanced - 180
english extension 1 - 60
english extension 2 - 40
french continuers - 5
maths advanced- 175
maths extension 1 - 70
chemistry - 70

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
lots of views yet not many replies...
please?
i think my ranking is near the bottom in most subjects except english...
would it be possible to get 90?
thanks

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
hmm im not too sure, but judging by your schoool ranking, it is possible to get >90. But this will require hard work for the trials or hsc if your trials have been completed.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Well I certainly hope that if you have some band sixes at your school which is one of the top three then you will get over 95 at least, even with your marks atm (you'll have to do better for HSC though).

However are you sure you go to one of the top three? That candidature doesn't sound like it's from NSG, nor RUSE (if u go to ruse then you'll get 97+ probably) and i'm assuming you don't go to NSB with a name like [tomorrow's angel]...hmm yes but those marks for maths are a bit bad if you don't go to a good school i think

SprewellZ

shazzam said:
Well I certainly hope that if you have some band sixes at your school which is one of the top three then you will get over 95 at least, even with your marks atm (you'll have to do better for HSC though).

However are you sure you go to one of the top three? That candidature doesn't sound like it's from NSG, nor RUSE (if u go to ruse then you'll get 97+ probably) and i'm assuming you don't go to NSB with a name like [tomorrow's angel]...hmm yes but those marks for maths are a bit bad if you don't go to a good school i think

Number 3 = BHHS ?

coroneos

the hsc isnt everything okay?? usually it is the people that get 99.95's who are they ones that get rejected from interviews etc. because they only know how to do conics and memorise stuff.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
yeah i go to Baulko...
ok... it wasn't top 3 last year... but it was the year before. Should have been top three though...
i have trials at the moment, and even though i've studied a lot i don't think i'm going to do very well.
If i studied really hard for the hsc and did really well in that, i thought it didn't matter how well I did because my rankings would bring me down?
If the system works the way i understand it to, i hate it!!!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
ok.. now my trial results have been added, see first post.
Now would anyone please be able to tell me what i'm heading towards?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)