• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

am i crazy? (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, if i dont get a transfer next year, i think ill stay in BSc. so ive been looking at major options.
ive been thinking about doing a major in bio, and a psych accredited sequence (which comprises of more subjects than a normal major)
anyways, the only way i can see to do it within the 3 years is by doing:
second year
3 2nd year bio subjects​
1 3rd yr bio subject​
4 2nd yr psych subjects​
third year
3 3rd yr bio subjects​
6 3rd yr psych subjects​

anyways, does this seem crazy to anyone? coz im thinking it would be hell hell hell hard, but i dunno...do you reckon its do-able? i mean its not that theres a heap of subjects or anything, but both psych and bio are a lot of work...

MoNNiE

HSC
anything is possible if u put your mind to it!!!

my parents are planning for me to do summer school so i can finish my degree 1 semester early {5 yrs my thing is -_-'']

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I was going to suggest the summer school - if Newcastle has it. Obviously you'll want to mix the subjects up a bit so you don't have a biology semester and a psych semester but a constant stream of both.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Student advisors are the people to talk to (I guess that you already have, though).

Summer school... It is not a cheap option (in terms of time and money). I would not suggest it.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Student advisors are the people to talk to (I guess that you already have, though).

Summer school... It is not a cheap option (in terms of time and money). I would not suggest it.
but think about you can graduate half a year earlier... then you can find your job 1/2 year earlier and earning earlier.... so i think it is hard to say...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Conversely, you could use those two summers to gain highly valued experience in your industry, especially in one of those cadetship programs developed by the universities.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Unless your summer school is covered by HECS like at UTS I believe?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
newcastle doesnt have summer school for my subjects :( only education, business and some stat for bus. course.
bummer, ay.
i mean, it wouldnt have been a bad idea, coz its $1000 a course, which isnt that much more than HECS, and it certainly would have made my time a lot easier.
i guess i just have to do a lot of thinking i guess.
i mean, im still praying i get my transfer to OT, but at the same time, i need to be smart and have a plan in case my transfer doesnt come through.

MuSaRuRWa

jasee said:
Unless your summer school is covered by HECS like at UTS I believe?
unsw covers summer under hecs ... i dont think uts n macq does, not too sure abt sydney

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Sydney definitely doesn't, they made this very clear to me. All their HECS places are allocated to the main semesters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)