AM I GETING RIPED OFF?(english tutor) (1 Viewer)

HSC
i heard that this guy from Carlingford High School tutors $100 for one hour and one and a half is $150 ..

thats heapsss...

neva say die

~~<<NeVa SaY DiE>>~~
HSC
hi hi,

I'm Living in Strathfield and can tutor you for $25 per hour. I was an english extension1 student. I recommend one and a half hour block tutoring at a time and willing to go through what you need help in, as well essays, content/material, techniques and creative writing. I currently tutor others in English standard and give one-to-one tutoring with maximum learning(not reading magazines)

Please call me on 0432342497 or genius_aroob@hotmail.com, or Pm me.

Cheers

tigerlily**

HSC
I would recommend English teachers instead of students. Teachers have more experience and know the syllabous off by heart. Uni Students are cheap, but they generally don't know how to mark and improve on your essays.

CBV

HSC
N/A
I am an English tutor - wealth of experience (10 years).

dont worry, am not an oldie.

if you are interested, feel free to email me or contact 0404 466 839 - free consultation.

Last edited:

Heisgenius

HSC
About Mr Waldron- if you get one-on-one tutoring with him through North Shore, it's actually $80/h not $60. Also, there seems to be quite a long waiting list for Year 12 students wanting to be tutored by him (he only takes year 12 students due to his high demand).

xMaNx

HSC
$80 is too high, you could save up that money and buy yourself something nice and useful
dont go above $40/h

LALA3278

HSC
AH! i'm getting ripped off too!! my tutor charges $65 an hour and tells me to write stuff then whle i'm writing she goes off somwhere and comes back 40 minutes later - my hour is gone

I think all english private tutors are like this :( really need a good one

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
I don't know why you'd pay $60+ an hour for an ex-HSC marker or whatever when there are 09ers which charge $30 per hour.
I did English tutoring with someone off BOS earlier this year and she knew a hell of a lot more about getting marks in English than the teachers at my school do.

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
I don't know why you'd pay $60+ an hour for an ex-HSC marker or whatever when there are 09ers which charge $30 per hour.
I did English tutoring with someone off BOS earlier this year and she knew a hell of a lot more about getting marks in English than the teachers at my school do.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
AH! i'm getting ripped off too!! my tutor charges $65 an hour and tells me to write stuff then whle i'm writing she goes off somwhere and comes back 40 minutes later - my hour is gone

I think all english private tutors are like this :( really need a good one

lol thats english for you. I have found that most teachers have some sort of excitement/motivation for their subject ( unfortunately this doesnt usually apply in english). maths teachers most of time manage to breathe excitement/ interest in their subject, same for science teachers and too a lesser extent social science teachers, then english teachers are usually some randoms they got off the street and someone that would much rather be doing something else than shakespeare.

mecramarathon

HSC
lol i remembered calling a bunch of eng teachers in the local newspaper

they ranged from $60 uni student to a "go to my place and ur with 5 other kids and that'll be $85/hr" and finally a $120 bang for ur buck senior teacher

bleugh

Deathless

HSC
About Mr Waldron- if you get one-on-one tutoring with him through North Shore, it's actually $80/h not $60. Also, there seems to be quite a long waiting list for Year 12 students wanting to be tutored by him (he only takes year 12 students due to his high demand).
It's not worth it - he's great in group classes, and I think that's all you need. I have attended one to one for a while, and then quit. It's too expensive in terms of what you're getting. Go to classes, it's more worth it. BTW the holiday classes are shit as well - not worth it either.

Deathless

HSC
Oh the best thing is - last time I attended a tutor where there is like 2 class rooms, and you pay like $60 for a lesson and get to see him for like 10 mins max per lesson.

Valdek

Premium Member
HSC
Ok, am i getting ripped off if my tutor doesn't read/watch the texts I am studying?

edit: Oh, and i'm paying $40 an hour for a uni student

Last edited:

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
imo fuck tutoring, study the texts, write your essays, your teachers at school WILL help, no matter how minimal the help may be, its better than nothing, just do it yourself people

look at me, stupid as a motherfucker and i still managed to hit 89 in english advanced

just be a man, do the right thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)